*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214091-The-Waiting
by Krazy
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #2214091
Just a Piece from my writing journal
Waiting is like time standing still...Sometimes it happens, Most times not at all...
Waiting for me, Is like hell freezing over...Never going to happen...

I sit and stare at a clock that seems to be moving slower than a turtle in a foot race...
As I begin to stare at it, my eyes start burning like could burst into flames at any minute...
Time seems to be standing still more often than it should...

I feel hot, like I've been sitting in the flames of hell for days...
I close my eyes and see visions of waiting...
waiting...waiting for what?...
What is it I seem to be waiting for all so impatiently?...

I'm standing in an open field, flames begin to close in around me...
I scream, no one hears my cries for help...
I'm waiting...the clearness around me begins turning dark and dim...
Is this is...Is this the end?...

The end?...No, not yet, just waiting...
Waiting though, seems like "the end" at times...
Always closing in and never moving forward...
Still...what is it that I seem to be waiting for?...

Waiting for the right words to be spoken, waiting for the wrong ones to be taken back...
Or is it that I'm waiting for just a little hint of truth, instead of hidden lies?...
Is it you I'm waiting for...or is it me that seems to be waiting to much?...

Waiting, it seems, is like a drug...can't do without, can't get enough...
Is it the waiting that's driving me completely insane...
Slowly killing everything inside me, waiting...
Seems like my only friend these days...

I open my eyes...the flames of hell still seem to be lingering around me...
I glance at the clock...
Did time stand still?...No...
It's the waiting that has drove time to stand...

I take a deep breath...hold back tears that seem to be unstoppable...
I finally realize...waiting is an act of choice...
A choice chosen by someone who doesn't feel strong enough to lose the waiting...
What is it that I choose to wait for...for time to stand still...for words to be spoken...
Words to be unspoken...No, Wait, just wait...the waiting, I guess, is what I wait for...

Afraid of losing everything...afraid of being too strong or not strong enough...
No...In "the end" it's the waiting that slowly kills you...
© Copyright 2020 Krazy (krazykhoatic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214091-The-Waiting