*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220410-Bonnie
Rated: E · Essay · Pets · #2220410
Pet News - 4-27-20 W/C 167

Bonnie was our dog for eleven years. She touched my heart when I saw her picture on the shelter website. So we adopted her and she became our wonderful companion.

Soon we discovered Miss Bonnie would not use the yard to go potty. This dog had a definite phobia about peeing and pooing in her yard. No way, no thank you. She had to be walked. She had to walk four times a day. You could set your clock by the time we took Bonnie for her walks.
Like the railroads of yesteryear, people set the clock by our walks. There go Bonnie and Bill, or Bonnie and Norma. Right on time at 8 AM, noon, 5 PM and 9 PM. Right on schedule.

Then suddenly Bonnie left us. We knew it was her time. But does that make it any easier? We suddenly had to find a new schedule. People in town now had to rely on their own clocks. Life truly changes in a moment.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220410-Bonnie