*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220606-Blessing-In-The-Sky
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2220606
This is so truthful.
As young girls, my sister and I lived in the country on the Seneca River, where we shared a bedroom in this home.
We loved living in a big house for the first time, with lots of space to play and roam.

My sister and i had a long time secret,a bad one at that, which we could never share,with anyone nor our three brothers.
Our father was not who he seemed to be with our family or any other.

The shame and guilt in our hearts and bodies would not come out for many many years, as they say, down the road..
This poem is not about our father nor the tragedy we experienced in our life here to unload.

Many days my sister and I had together in time, not one could take from us, a blessing in the sky, a moment of fright.
We both woke up in the early morning to get ready for school,in our room the sun shining so bright,
We went to our window in our bedroom for no reason at all, to see a with our eyes an unbelievable sight.

Not knowing what it was in the sky far above our shed in the backyard, so bright and still.
I do not have the the words in my mind or soul to explain exactly what it was or looked like, for all I can say, this was a phenomenon not of our will.

We made a promise to each other never to tell not one in the house or the world what we experienced and have seen.
We excitedly awoke each morning to look out our window to see this unknown beauty in the sky, what was it or what did this mean?

We questioned between us as what this could be or why it came to us to be seen, we knew it was a blessing in the sky for us, in this unhealthy life we lived for sure.
The fifth day, looking out our bedroom window, our miraculous sight was no longer there for our cure,

Disappointed, our hearts saddened, where did our blessing go?, we were a mess.
All through the years of growing up in the same house, and living our life, we wondered and thought about our moment in time of a blessing sent to us, I must confess.
We know it was a blessing in the sky just for us sisters, no matter what our life would be, this would always be in our hearts to possess..
© Copyright 2020 ellenraes (ellenraes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220606-Blessing-In-The-Sky