*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220859-build-me-up-break-me-down
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Biographical · #2220859
Love. Depression. Hate. Abandonment. Life.
Chapter 1: Summer of 2015

Ah, 2015... the year of my quinceanera and my first boyfriends. I grew up in a Mexican and very Catholic household, so my parents were pretty strict, with pretty much everything. I wasnt allowed to date until I was 15, which was a pretty reasonable age. It was June and I had just broken up with my third boyfriend Paco... a blue eyed, blond, skinny, Mexican who had a scar on his top lip due to surgery because he was born with a cleft lip. He wasn't the nicest... and when I broke up with him it was hell. He lived in Mexico and i was spening my summer there because that was where I was going to celebrate my birthday in August... 4 months later but hey, a party is a party. I was heart broken because all he wanted from me was sex, and I just wasn't wanting it. I was 15 raised with a Catholic knowledge, and the only thing I knew about relationships was that you shall do the deed with your one true love and he will be the one you marry, and well Paco wasn't giving me a ring. Other than that, i didnt know him much since we had dated the majority of the time over Facebook.
Yet, I was still sad because I really gave my all to the boy and never treated him bad even when he deserved it. I just wasn't that girl.
I was sitting with ym two brothers Kevin and Eddie in front of my grandfathers house with a friend of mine named Tavo. Minutes later it started raining and a boy passes by on his bike, half way sitting listening to music and bouncing to the beat. He was cute, but i had given up with guys... right? After he went to the corner store he came back and was soaking wet ( We were underneath my grandfather's balcony). I offered him my sweater and he said, "No, it's okay. I'll ask your uncle for one." So my uncle went in and lent it to him.
Then the wind started to push the rain toward us so we all went into a van the my grandpa had. I ended up next him. He was so cute, while he looked down at his phone I can see his long eye lashes, his black, some what long, smooth looking hair, his thin boy and face... he was glowing and not because his face was wet, i mean in my eyes it looked as if I met a god. Then he looked over to me and i made it look like i was looking out the window that was behind him, slick I know, and he spoke. Now i dont know why i hadn't noticed before but his voice... deep and so attractive, but i was done with boys... RIGHT? He told me to add him on facebook, so I did. Then he noticed i was on instagram and asked me if i can make him an account.
I asked him what his name was, and I felt s if I had never heard that name. Like if he was the one to brought it to life! Cristian... now i know it is common but to me, it was lie if he pushed a reset botton and I forgot it even existed and I fell in love... with his name... of course. I had finished making his account and then he snaps a picture of me, then another. we ended up fighting over his phone, and I gave up and got my ipod and snapped pictures of him. Everyone else were either also on their phone or wathing us. Wr ended up taking pictures together and putting on music, and then out of no where... i felt a hand on my waist and that it was carressing me. I looked at him and he smiled and I said nothing and continued to skim through songs, smiling of course.
my ipod ended up dying and i got out the van to go into the house and charge it, he followed along. we went up stairs and i connected it to the charger and then I looked over to my left. There he was, his brown almost red looking eyes, brown skin, his heart shaped, thin lips... and again his eyes lashes... we stared at each other, but i knew he was feeling butterflies in his stomach like me... we stood there for about a minute just looking into eachothers eyes, then the most annoying sound that could exist in that moment cme from behind me. it was my brother telling me that we had to go.
and i went, and left feeling happy... but unsure.


© Copyright 2020 Fabiola Armas (fabi21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220859-build-me-up-break-me-down