Want to play with old Journalistic Intentions prompts? Here you go!
|I don't always run prompt contest, but when I do, I save the old prompts from "Journalistic Intentions" [18+] } for anyone that might have missed out. Feel free to use these prompts however you wish! If you do use them, feel free to let me know how and where. I am genuinely curious about how (else) these can manifest.|
ROUND 1 PROMPTS
Santa Clara Vanguard 2018
THUD Light Drumming
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata as played by Rosseau
"Jupiter" as played on Holst's own piano
Autistic Women and Dating
Language and Thinking
Snickers Super Bowl LIV Commercial
On dating smart people
Grouch, an SNL parody (18+)
Your Grammar Sucks
Manipulation and the Apple Customer Experience
Shunning by Jehovah's Witnesses
Simon Sinek on Millennials
Drawbacks of Straw Alternatives
ROUND 2 PROMPTS
1. An over sized, monster truck on the highway with a competition sound system may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Winheim Witheiw
2. Well-behaved women rarely do behave well, they just make everyone else think they do. catty
3. That's always an interesting concept when you try to mind your own (profane adjective) business then you end up on face book or twitter. plainsue
4. I like Captain Kirk but I can't say I'm very fond of him turning in his space suit for a cheesy priceline commercial. lucyrose
5. That's always an interesting concept when you try to get the toddler to act as a cleaning product and you come up against the facts of exactly what it is you're attempting to do. ☮ The Grum Of Grums
6. Today you are annoying, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is more likely to get sucker punched in the face by me than you. Lenox
7. The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could fit back into my Wonder Woman costume. Whiskerfacebythefireplace
8. Try not to become a man of Call of Duty prowess, but rather try to become a man of legitimate Zombie Apocalypse fighting skills. Brandiwyn🎶
9. You have to look through the rain to see the oncoming bus, dump truck, and motorcycle. Solace.Bring
10.You have to look through the rain to see the little green imp pulling on the threads of the rainbow. Invasion of the Insanity
11. You'll find love when you prepare the ritual correctly. Chibithulu (Alyssa)
12. You'll find love when you give up and shoot cupid. Wash Your Sox Already!
13. Shoot for the moon! And even if you miss, your crash landing will be SPECTACULAR! Dad
14. Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you'll get a lot of practical experience with Newtonian orbital mechanics. Robert Waltz
15. Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because you didn't have to pay for it. Solace.Bring
16. Don't cry because it's over, smile because you didn't catch it. Odessa Molinari
ROUND 3 PROMPTS
Solid Waste Rd.
Golden State Urology
Kissing Camels Surgery Center
Ricotta Vascular Lab
Prostate Laser Center
ROUND 4 PROMPTS
Things We Lost in the Fire
The Shape of Water
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Turn Off the Light
Let It Roll
The Gluten Lie
On the Beach
The House of the Spirits
Battle of Angels
The Invention of Love
Glengarry Glen Ross
When We Dead Awaken
ROUND 5 PROMPTS
Education, education, education
The surprising absence
Grifters Come in All Demographics
Memory fails us these days
Fill in the Blank!
Insomnia is just another way to brand yourself "not normal". Black Crisis
Don't cry because it's over, smile because the onion soup will taste great. Max Kwoa
What's meant to be will always end up online. Melisscious
In three words I can sum up everything I learned about life: Counting is easier than it looks. Wash Your Sox Already!
CHOP Kids First
Oink Joint Rd.
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Doorways I Haven't Opened
ROUND 6 PROMPTS
Lion's Mane (mushroom)
Joyce Chen and the Culinary Women of Public Television
Dolma (stuffed grape leaves)
Beer Cheese Soup
Fish and chips
ROUND 7 PROMPTS
"If I learn one lesson,
count your blessings,
look to the rising sun,
and run run run."
"I'll be right here just waiting underground."
"Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle."
"It's the power that gives you the strength to survive."
"It was worse than Detroit."
"Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty woids! That's what this war is all about!"
"Man is as silent as the grave. But if farts were flattery? Honey, he'd be Shakespeare."
"Oh would you just shut up? You're rats with wings!"
"The process of racial triangulation—of which the MMM [model minority myth] is a prime example—essentially places Asian Americans in a racial bind between whites and other people of color."
"And it hit me, that to me, those are two of my deepest-felt emotions. Justice, equality, fairness, mercy, longsuffering, Work, Passion, knowledge, and above all else, Truth. Those are my primary emotions."
“I think I would have been much happier being an actual scientist.”
"Most of all, you feel unseen and unheard. The other person is demonstrating that there are two things more important than your pain:
Their desire to avoid negative emotions
Their need to offer unsolicited advice."
"Trauma does not make you stronger. Trauma makes you traumatized. The end."
"If you can't handle me at my worst, imagine how I feel."
"That's a man's answer!"
"It is clear now that we live in precedented times."
ROUND 8 PROMPTS
Well Done Foundation-Plugging Abandoned Oil Wells
Mining for Green Technologies
Large Tree Planting Projects
Chat Piles in Oklahoma
Storage Plastic and the Pacific Garbage Patch
New Zealand Water vs. New Zealand Dairy
WOTUS: Waters of the United States
Gulf of Mexico Dead Zone
Wildfires Harming the Ozone Layer
Restoring Soil in West Virginia with Lavender
Gazelle Conservation Achievements
Restoring the Great Salt Lake for Birds
Bobcats are fighting pythons
ROUND 9 PROMPTS
Reasonable Authority Figure
Jade Colored Glasses
The Mountains of Illinois
Bad Guy Bar
Plotlines and Events
The Bad Guy Wins
Ripped From the Headlines
The Ending Changes Everything
Funny Background Even
And I'm the Queen of Sheba
Breaking In to Talk
Let's Not Speak of This Again
Got Me Doing It
ROUND 10 PROMPTS
Indigenous recipe collection
"And all those friends that were such a chore
You're gonna need 'em more than ever before"
"Mister, I was born for it."
"It is important to start socializing the idea of reforms now—sometimes they are upon us quicker than we think."
"Sure, when teenage girls write self-insert characters that hang out with their faves it's 'cringey' and 'bad fanfiction', but when Dante does it it's a 'literary classic' and 'redefines the way we view Catholicism'."
Grappling with soil degradation
Locks, dams, and the future of the Mississippi
One reason for environmental justice
Land management with true common sense
Absurdly Spacious Sewer
Armor Piercing Question
The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask