*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223280-PARDIGM
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by vodka
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #2223280
Welcome, welcome to AV Industries, we accept all professions of every background!
21st October 2041

Location: VA Industries

Time: 10:25

Jones Angler, Age 29 (Designation: Software Engineer)

The story starts here... in VA Industries, a company known for its large underground base where all the data takes place... or at least that's what you thought they told you, truth is you never hang on to a word they ever say because its all useless information to you, you just want to fix up some computers, get paid, then get out of there so you can continue with your programme, you walk onto the stone tiles taking in a great amount of curiosity whether they re-purpose the countless miles of rock they've excavated for their pointless upcoming IT support centre, you know you'll still be doing all the work here, it doesn't really matter as all it is will be a flashier carpet and some fancy lighting, you didn't really care as you actually have a decent place to get your job done, you take a few steps towards a big crimson door, made entirely out of metal sections... you look to the left and find a passkey, you know this already, you enter 9 8 8 1 into the keypad and already you can tell that today wont be an eventful day to behold, nonetheless you walk or drag yourself through the security station with that smug bastard who took your spanner once and lost it, you open your mouth "Hey sir... I'm here because someone deleted their antivirus programme because they couldn't pay for it..." you moaned to the guard who looked at the button and pressed a few dials on a keypad before activating the door and he responded "Those are funded by us, isn't he silly?" he smirked, you looked at him wishing you could say something back without getting choked down with his baton... police brutality is usually looked down upon if there is evidence and this one isn't too noisy with his work... you open your mouth to make a hasty reply then make a run for it but then realise you may as well get on with your job so you don't have to sort out another thing for about 3 hours, that's your quota, if there is nothing to do you get paid nonetheless, one of the fruits of your labour, its a sweet thing if only the scientists weren't so careless with their computers you would be hardly working and get paid a fortune... but oh well its not like your have much choice anyway... you walk up 7 flights of stairs regretting each step because you have to go back down, and the elevator is out of service, that's a real issue that needs sorting out and you're here to reinstall some anti-malware, a job best suited to tech support which wont even walk on these carpets for another 15 months which is a real shame because your legs are killing you from playing a bit of football in your spare time... you finally find the scientist, the dumb ass who made your day even more miserable, good news he has £20 in his hand for you to only push a few buttons, your hourly salary is £10 so you take the money willingly thanking the scientist and waiver off the virus on his computer, you decide you want a little dinner before you even attempt that 7 flight of stairs again...
© Copyright 2020 vodka (sandvichlover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223280-PARDIGM