*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2224420-You-are-always-worthy
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Psychology · #2224420
For the over-achievers of life.
I have become a person with no real dreams, goals or purpose in life.

And guess what, I'm still fulfilled! More so actually. So much more relaxed.

I used to be a super productive, over-achiever doing as much as I could with any and all the time that I had.

But I've managed to break down this sense of productivity to the point of nothing mattering.

This may seem sad, but actually it has been extremely liberating.

Being productive and making the most out the time I had was what I 'should' be doing right? Don't waste a single moment!

But while I did enjoy a lot of what I was doing, it was driven and shadowed by a sense of 'should' and driving my self-worth. Underneath was a sense of that if I didn't do all these things, I was a loser and not good enough.

And so... over time, all this started breaking down in me as I was exhausted. Each time I dropped something on my to-do list, it would bring up much insecurity and anxiety, BUT once I accepted it and went with it, I felt so much more freeeee!

Free from the 'should' and then able to rebuild self-esteem reliant on nothing but my own existence itself.

No longer were all these things so important!

Yes, even self-growth, learning, studying, consciousness-awareness, the news, a sense of life 'purpose and goals', none of it, is THAT important.

I can now just put on some techno music and zone out for hours... no need to be DOING anything...

It's amazing the freedom inside from the need to achieve.

If you want to achieve and do something in life, that's great! Bloody go for it! But I've now also learned no one HAS to. You are not any less than if you don't.

We have it conditioned in us from young this need to achieve. Through the indoctrination of school, getting grades, then to get a job and earn a living and be a somebody.

We are not taught that our existence itself is enough and IS the gift and what you do with that is YOUR choice and does not matter.

No-one should feel that have to earn the right to live. It's not your fault you were born into a system that programs you to forget your most basic of being rights.

You are always worthy no matter what.

Start to see through the distractions of the world pulling you this way and that trying to convince you otherwise.

You are free.

Remember...


© Cosmic Junkie






© Copyright 2020 cosmicjunkie (cosmicjunkie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2224420-You-are-always-worthy