*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2224591-Life-is-Good
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2224591
Flash Fiction
Life is Good

Off to daycare. But, at the last minute, I remembered my bra. I hate wearing a bra. It doesn’t bother me, nor my husband, if I hang down and jiggle. But, I feel obligated to wear one for daycare, you know, impressionable minds. I grabbed it on the way to the car.

These days I just want something to hold the girls in place. Consequently, my current bras are like giant elastics with two larger parts, and straps to go over the shoulders. Suddenly, however, I felt a little odd thinking I’d be walking in on my son and daughter-in-law with my bra, in my hand. So, I decided to try to get it on before I got there. Easy peasy!

At the traffic light, I slipped it over my head and put my arms through. Oops, forgot about my seatbelt... The light changed.

At the next light, I had to untangle my left arm, get my seatbelt untangled from the bra, get the bra back up, then back down again, and then the seatbelt hooked back up. Quickly too, I had no idea how long the light was.

Suddenly I thought, “Where is the music coming from?” and glanced out the window. In the car waiting to turn left, were two young men. The music was from their radio, though as soon as I looked, they both stopped trying to hold it in, and burst out laughing. I’m sure I became the story of the day at their work.

Long story shorter. I arrived at daycare presentable. I got a kick out of knowing I was the talk of the day at those guy’s work. And on the way home, the bra came off at the first traffic light, since now, I had the process perfected! Life is good.
© Copyright 2020 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2224591-Life-is-Good