*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2224633-Dad
Rated: E · Article · Family · #2224633
No dialogue
What does 'Dad' mean? The dictionary definition is another word for father. A father is defined as the male providing the sperm for procreation of the child. But anyone can be a father. All it takes is a few minutes of lust or maybe just a cup and a magazine.

To be a Dad is totally different. A Dad takes an active part in the child's upbringing. He is the hunter, putting food on the table, even if it is just queuing for hours at the supermarket . He is the protector, the one who stands up to the bully's Dad, even if he does get a black eye for his trouble.

He is the teacher. How else would a boy learn to shave? Who else would let a girl loose in their pride and joy so they pass their driving test. A Dad is a cheerleader, standing in the rain, praising that goal you nearly got.

And who hasn't been to the bank of Mum and Dad, mainly Dad. Money borrowed with no expectation of repayment.

Any idiot can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a Dad.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads

199 words
© Copyright 2020 Odessa Molinari (omstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2224633-Dad