*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226198-Prologue-The-view-from-the-camera
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #2226198
A camera captures something in some building before the feed goes dead.
A camera slowly turns from side to side in the backroom of some building… while it slowly swayed in it could be seen some young man over something. It appeared to be some kind of body but it certainly wasn't humanoid.

In the dim lights of the room vauge details could be made out on it. Things like animal like features could be made out on it mostly a tail and muzzle looking face… Mere minutes pass as the young man got up to wipe his brow… mouth moving but no words come out.

He stood up looking over the robotic creature with a content grin before quickly taking a step back in shock as the machines eyes pop open and then sit up, lifting its arms, then tilting around its head as if to view itself, then it's gaze falls onto the person that had been working on them… the man lightly shook as they grab something at their side while the machine pushed itself up onto its legs, still looking at him with some kind of interest until it fully stood and seemed to be scanning him, drawing its face closer to his.

The man mutters out something, his lips moving as if to say something about a mask while lifting up the thing at his hip. Only to drop it from genuine surprise as the mechanical creature wrapped its arms around them, starts nuzzling against his cheek, and wag its tail out of possible happiness for what they've done. Things seemed fine until the camera pans more right to reveal a silhouette of something in the hall slowly approaching… the vague figure of a person wearing some kind of mask and holding something that catches a few light flings even in the dark.

The camera now seemingly fixed on the shadow cloaked figure slowly moves with them as they creep up on the other but when the other man and machine start coming into view, the animal looking machine pushed aside the one man to lunge at the figure, tackling them as the knife the other had is sent flying… it was the last thing seen through the lens before everything went black, The surveillance camera footage went dead.
© Copyright 2020 Lief Fang (lightfang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226198-Prologue-The-view-from-the-camera