*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2234617-Guuuurl
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nick
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Comedy · #2234617
About a selfless wife and her comedic husband
Jeena, a devoted worker, but with a lenient heart, just got done getting chewed out by her boss for helping a homeless couple with buying a meal for each. Why was it a problem? She didn't think about asking. As much as she was determined to do her job. A part of her wanted to say "Fuck that rule." This was her first time ever getting in trouble with the manager at Clucko Bell and she didn't know if it would be the last time. Why? Because the manager had a problem blowing things up to make them sound like a bigger issue than they really were, which she didn't know why.
She was opening up the door to the house feeling despair about her keeping her job and having to find a new one. She liked being able to keep a job and only stop working there if she needed to to make the application or her resume look less bad as possible. Today's incident left her a little depressed. She barely noticed her husband coming from around the corner.
" Waddup, guuurl!" He said.
Thomas, a loyal husband and a comedian. Has worked on his comedic act in stand-up and hospitals for children. He was rewarded the Ig Nobel Prize for his joke about Astronomy. He had always liked to bring a smile on someone's face, even when they're down.
He stuck a model pose.
She looks up at him to see him having a duck face while looking at her. "Hey." she said in a depressive tone. He snaps his fingers and walks like a model while saying "Whada bitch got to do to get some service around here!" She sort of gave a feeling of wanting to be left alone.
Uh oh, must've been a bad day at work. He thought. Time to bring it up a notch
"What is up in this bitch?" He said.
"I'd rather be left alone, honey." She said.
He went on his knees to her. "OMG, girl, please, please don't shut me out! Don't do this to me....lawwwwwd no! Why lawd!"
She gave a chuckle to his attempt to make her feel better. "So, now that you feel a little better." He said in his normal voice. "Can you tell me what's bothering you?"
"It's work...my boss chewed me out for helping a homeless couple with a meal at our job."

" Hmmm, doesn't seem right to give someone a hard time for trying to do something good." He said.

" I feel like I will lose my job because of that."

"Maybe you should make a case on why it would benefit them." He said.

They talked about it some more and then went to bed. She was thinking in her sleep if what she'll discuss with her boss will either make her case or lose her job.
She woke up the next morning and went to her job. Still wondering if she was gonna lose her job from this.

Maybe losing this job won't be as bad as I'm making it out to be. She thought. I have a long history of being on time to work and having a good work ethic. If he's gonna fire me, that's fine by me.

She went up to her boss with this, "Look, I know you think that helping someone in need is not part of our job, but there are people out there who may have not eaten in days, maybe even weeks and need someone to help them at least once if not more than that. I also think it will leave a positive outlook for the company if employers, when they're able to, buy them a meal every now and then when they can or direct them to a place that will be able to give them food. I can see us on the news getting positive views of us helping out the homeless with either a meal at our company or directing them where they can get food. That's all I have to say. If you're still wanting to let me go then that's fine, I'll understand."

" What I have to say is that I want to apologize to you about my behavior. Just because it's not what we're supposed to do, doesn't give me the right to overreact. I just don't want some people to take advantage of our employer's kindness, making them think that they're homeless with no food when they're trying to get over on our employers. I do think it is a good idea for our company to help those in need. I'll talk to the higher up about it and mention about giving you a raise for speaking out about it, if your still wanting to work here."

"Yes." She said. "That would be nice, thank you." With a smile on her face.

She walked through the door to the house with her husband sitting on the couch to relax. "Good news, I hope." He said.

"He apologized to me and may give me a raise for it." She said with a smile.

He got up off the couch and embraced her with a hug. "Awww, that's wonderful news!"

"I know." She said. "And I got you to thank for it. I know as long as I have you by my side, it wouldn't matter if he fired me, because I'll have you to put a smile on my face."

He replied." I love you too baby."



© Copyright 2020 Nick (dirtymut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2234617-Guuuurl