*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236028-Monsters-Are-Real
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2236028
Who killed ME?
So to start I guess I should tell you my name since this story is about me. Allyssa. 7 years old. And I died today. I tried to tell them when they were looking for my body where I was located. They walked right past me. It must have been a hundred of them calling my name. I heard myself say"here I am." I am right here in the dirt with the muddy waters laying over me. But they couldn't hear me at all. I saw my mother frantic on the phones calling the cops to tell them I did not come home at 6 pm like I was supposed to. I saw the panic in her eyes and I heard it in her voice. "she was playing in the woods with her friends" she told them. "and was suppose to be home at 6 PM." My mom called my friend Kimmy's mom who I had been playing with. But Kimmy's mom said that Kimmy had been home an hour ago and thought I was at home.

It was that phone call that made all these people come out here searching for me. The girl in the bright red shorts and white Nike shoes. They made one of those amber things. Just in case someone found me inside a car with a stranger.

But I was not inside a car. No Stranger had abducted me. Early that morning I had been practicing my spelling words for the weekly spelling test I had to take. I always made an A in spelling and these words were easy. Words like business, witness, fitness. So when my friend Kimmy knocked on the front door and asked if I could play outside I was eager to get going. Mom, who was making dinner, at first said NO. But some pleads and sighs easily convinced her to allow me to roam outside for a bit. "just be home by 6, she had said. "dinner will be ready by then. My baby sister squabbled to the door, baby drool oozing down her lips, trying to say, Lyssa, for me. but it came out SSA. she was just 11 months old. And out the door, I went. My Pigtails bouncing in my red shorts and a blue shirt.

We started playing in the leaves. It was October and around this time of year in Wisconsin, the leaves are brown and beautiful. We loved to play in them and watch all the different colors. But Kimmy fell and hurt herself and went back inside. I continued to play outside. And that's when the Monster found me.

What are you doing" it said. Just playing in these leaves. about to go home cuz dumb old Kimmy fell and cried to go home.

Wanna see something weird?
Like what? I responded.
It's this way The monster said and lead me deeper into the woods. I felt like a grown-up. This is where the big kids hung out after they got out of school. They usually smoked their weed and made out. Cursed at each other and sang and danced. They didn't play like me and Kimmy in Leaves too afraid to go further in the woods in the daylight.

But the sun had started to go down. And Even though I was normally afraid of the dark, I didn't want to be a big ole baby. and say it was getting late and time for me to get home. I was with my friend. I was one of the cool kids now.

We came to a place with tall trees so close together I could barely see far. I was about to ask where this weird thing was when hands were placed over my throat. I quickly tried to remove them. I was struggling but hands were tight around me and I could not breathe. I clawed and tried to grab something, anything that could help me. But I was defenseless against the Monster. Their grip was too tight on me. It was breathing hard and heavy. I could smell the breath of it because its face was so close to mine. My head pounded and my heart raced fast. Faster than ever. Then I was up in the air. I was looking down at the two of them. The Monster and me.

My face had turned a sorta blue color or ashy grey. I lay there, limp. As still as I ever was. But the monster's face was very Red. It was panting and breathing very heavily. Then it took out a sharp object and slit my throat. I guess to make sure the job was done. Then a strange thought came into my mind as I looked upon myself. Was I the weird thing?

Then the Monster started to dig and dig. It dug a hole there and placed me into it. This would be my grave. That's when the rain came down. and the monster left me there with the sound of hard petals falling on leaves and a dead girl.

Back at my house, my mother cried for me. My father was there by this time and his eyes looked worried and sorrowful. He held my mother as she cried. And I sat there with them and cried too. I wanted to say.. I AM HERE. Don't cry!. See it's me. But I knew they could not hear me.

I made the News the next day. Early that morning. Everyone wanted to know. Where was little seven-year-old Allyssa. What happened to me? I was famous now. Did I run away? was I abducted?

They checked for pedophiles in the area. But there were no pedophiles in Eland, Wisconsin. Our town only had a population of 1202 people. Shawano County. Nothing happened here. This was the place everyone wanted to live.

The police started to grill little Kimmy. Poor Kimmy was scared. She only told them what she knew. We were playing in the woods rolling on the leaves. She hurt herself on a branch and went running home. They asked Kimmy if she saw ANYBODY else with us in the woods. Kimmy cried No. Scared and afraid of all of the police around her asking questions.

The police scrounged the woods looking for any sign they could of my whereabouts. Flyers were placed up for me to ask anyone if they had seen any sign of me. They searched the woods. They found tracks of two sets of footprints. It was a hair bow and a shoe that led them to my lifeless body. The Monster, in its haste to get rid of me, had failed to notice my shoe had fallen off while it was getting rid of the last breath in my body. They even found the knife thrown not far away from my body.

Now the woods was a crime scene. And the police started to speak with everyone they could that lived within certain miles of the woods. It all came back to Little Kimmy. Who by this time must have felt that she did something wrong. They asked Kimmy if she could think of ANYBODY that she could think of that she saw with us that day. Kimmy remembered that running home the only person she saw was her 15-year-old sister. She remembered that when she was running home that day, Brianna saw her and asked her why was she crying running out of the woods. She had told her to go inside and get bandages for her scrape on her knee.

But when the police went to speak to Brianna she could not help them much. Only to tell them that she was walking home from school that day, but she never saw poor little Allyssa.

Back to the drawing board, the police went. They questioned everyone in town practically. People started to wonder. Who could it be? But I knew.

Then Mrs. Culverson from across the woods said she saw a car that day sitting on the road. It was dark blue with a broken tail light. A search was made for every dark blue car in the area. The search went on and on. Not even one suspect could they find. The trail ran cold.

My mom was sad. She went into a deep depression. I saw the sadness in her. I tried to let them know I was okay. But I wanted them to know the truth. I wanted them to know who had done this to me.

Several months went by and the trail ran cold. No one was even searching for my killer anymore. Little Kimmy was not allowed to wander in those woods again after that. She had no one to play with anymore. Kimmy was the youngest of three siblings. Her oldest brother, Michael was away at school and her sister Brianna, who everyone thought was strange. She wore black everything. Nails, dyed her hair black, and wore leggings that were black. Not popular in town.

She hung out with friends like her. Her high school was in the city. The police called Kimmy and her mother in for one final time. This time Kimmy;s mom had gotten to the point where she was not so happy with the fact that they were making Kimmy relive such a horrible act. She said she did not want her child involved with this any further. She hoped that they would find the killer of poor Allyssa but please do not continue to make her daughter relive this horrible event.

The police understood that. Kimmy was only 7 years old after all. But they needed to know every detail possible so they could find the killer of this poor dead child, ME.

They asked if they could please be allowed to see Brianna's room. Since she was the last known person who was in the woods on that fateful day. They were stunned when they walked in the room. Brianna's room was filled with gloom. She had writings on the walls in Goth. She had words written in what looked like blood with the words Kill Kill Kill. When they searched in Brianna diary she had a notation written for that day, which was October 13th. she had written words which she later blocked out, Chocked her.

The police couldn't make out the words exactly because Brianna had tried her best to block out the words, but through forensic science, they used infrared lighting to depict the words that she had tried her best to blackout. The words were I choked her. Now I must do my homework LOL.

Can you believe she used the words LOL. laugh out loud. She had killed me and thought it was funny.

That's when the Monster became the main suspect. They called her in at that point and interrogated her. At first, she said that she had never seen me that day. Then the police asked for a blood sample. And they were able to match the blood from the knife she used to slit my throat. At that point, she confessed. She said she was obsessed with knowing what it felt like to kill someone. And when she saw little Allyssa in the woods all by herself she thought it was the perfect time to find out.
© Copyright 2020 bluesclues02 (bluesclues02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236028-Monsters-Are-Real