*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236255-DJ-HiccupThe-End
Rated: GC · Short Story · Biographical · #2236255
I saw it coming, like a train rolling into the station, friends who were brothers no more.
I saw the end coming...it was like a train...unstoppable and unmistakable. We had been out to a dance party the night before and I had bought two pills at the club. I was later told were low quality. I will never forget the brand they were...Snowballs. I had already necked some different pills so I kept the Snowballs in my pocket thinking I would take them later, desperate for one last high before sleep.

At home, I had showered and as I laid down on my bed I remembered them. They had been crushed by the night's antics...two pills, just a small amount of powder in a bag. They were not very good anyway...so I double dropped and down they went.

DJ Hiccup and his girlfriend had gone to their room to fuck. The house we lived in had thin walls and I could hear them going at It. Then something incredible happened...a bright golden orb appeared in front of my eyes. It was about ten feet away...taking form slowly...building in size and getting brighter as it grew. I had never had a hallucination as real or beautiful as this. It hovered for a minute or two then it began drifting slightly to my right. I sat there staring in amazement from my bed.

Then, an amazing tingling began in my toes, rising up until it exploded in my head. My hands went to my face, fingers running up and through my hair...OMG...I had never experienced anything like this, my whole body was alive, buzzing with an energy of sexual pleasure that I liked...a lot.

Then, my door opened and DJ Hiccup stood in the doorway, sweat pouring from his face and body.

He took one look at me and said, “Holy fuck, bro.”

I couldn't speak, overwhelmed by what was going on in my brain and body. His decks were set up outside my room and he put on a track. His girl had come out of their room and was sitting in front of the decks. I came out of my room and sat beside her.

Then, music began to filter from the speakers...trance. The intro was a man's voice singing...harmonious, deep, sorrowful, African...and I began to cry, uncontrollable sobbing. His girl didn't know what to do, and she asked DJ Hiccup what was wrong. He knew I was off my head, and these things sometimes happen. But the truth was, five years of friendship, of love for this man who I had called brother, was coming to an end, and like a train rolling in, there was nothing anyone could do to stop it.


We met Kevin at the party where I had bought the two Snowballs. He was fun, smiling and dancing...a kindred soul of dance music. He & DJ Hiccup hit it off and I knew immediately I was looking at my replacement.

*****

The cracks had begun to appear in the weeks and months previous. DJ Hiccup was an Alpha, and I was happy to be his 2IC...his personal assistant and sidekick. He knew everyone, and everyone knew him. And we weren't just raver/DJ, we were also Muay Thai fighters and trainers. I retired after two wins from two fights (I was too old to make a career of it). DJ Hiccup, on the other hand, had more experience than his nineteen years let on...and he was on the cusp of greatness. Being ten years younger and far more experienced than I was, he was eyeing his next title.

*****

On the weekends we were brothers, but we were not stablemates, and there were numerous occasions where we were on opposing sides of the ring with fighters from our respective clubs matched up...it was our sport, and never caused us any strain. He was head trainer for his club, I was the assistant head trainer at my own, but in the last year he remained in Muay Thai (he went on to become a successful professional boxer) he asked me to co-train him along with his father, who had been his trainer since the beginning.

A pad man (which was my main role) is a highly skilled and dangerous job, especially when the guy who is throwing punches, shin kicks, knees and elbows at you is of the calibre of DJ Hiccup. I was flattered that he would consider me, but there was a problem. I was already employed at my own club and my trainer was as fearsome as any man could be...and was not going to be thrilled at letting me go. But after some tense moments, he allowed me to become DJ Hiccup's pad man/trainer. We had two strong wins, both for world titles, before he announced his retirement from the sport of Muay Thai.


We started having differences of opinion and small arguments. I knew what was coming so I moved out, he and Kev became besties and we drifted apart. I learned so much during those five years...about the sport of Muay Thai...the fun of being a raver and what it is like to live the life of an addict. I didn't even know back then I was addicted (denial is an addicts way to continue to use without guilt) and I battled my addiction for many years to come.

I have many regrets...more than most I would think. But, I have none when it comes to these years spent dancing and smiling and training in the sport of Muay Thai. There were so many highs and for each and every one, there was a low but...we got through it and by the following weekend, nothing could stop us from doing it all again.


© Copyright 2020 Dr Gonzo (neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236255-DJ-HiccupThe-End