*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236274-Realising-that-Im-getting-fat
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Note95
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #2236274
A true story about when I gained some weight
I'm sitting in my new bedroom. One thing I like about it is that there's a full body mirror. My last place only had a face mirror in the bathroom. Now I can have a good look at my physique. I've always been naturally slim and toned and now I'm even more muscular. I've gained 20 lbs lately and I know it must be muscle because that's the type of metabolism I have. I stand up, take off my shirt, tense as hard as I can and turn to look at the mirror...
Oh... Thats not what I was expecting. My chest was a little bigger but my abs aren't even visible. My stomach is smooth and curved outward slightly. I must be bloated. No, I'm not bloated, I'm hungry. Really hungry, actually. I should get something to eat. Some pizza would be great right now. Maybe I'll get a pepperoni. I stop tensing and my stomach flows out. Woah. I've got a gut. It really sticks out, especially towards the bottom around my navel. I'm getting chubby! Am I one of those stupid guys who thinks he's bulking and just gets fat? I don't even look muscle-fat, just flabby. That 20lbs must have all been fat. If anything I might have lost a bit of muscle. How did this happen? I guess I haven't been eating the healthiest. Yesterday I had McDonald's, beer and a kebab. That was a really good kebab though. What was the name of that place? I need to go there again to get some more. I sit down on the bed again and something in the mirror catches my eye. My belly is properly hanging over my pants now. I grab a handful and my fingers sink in. It's so soft. How did I not notice this happening? And why did no one else say anything? Actually, maybe, they did. My friends had said I was looking bigger but I just thought they meant more muscular. I'd even proudly declared how much heavier I'd gotten. I was even eating at the time. It was when we were at the pub and I ordered those 30 hot wings. And that was just a snack, I went to my Grandmother's afterwards and had a full roast dinner, and had a second helping as big as the first, and all that cheesecake for dessert. And that was a pretty normal day now. Hmm maybe I have been quite a piggy lately. I look down at my belly, my hands still squeezing the flab. This shouldn't be too hard to lose. I just need to cut down on the food.

4 hours later... I'm stuffed. I had a large deep pan pizza and a whole load of fried chicken for lunch. I just can't resist it. I'm not going to be able to diet. I guess the belly is here to stay. Speaking of which, let's have another look at it. I stand up and look in the mirror again. It sticks out even more now. And it's rounder too, less saggy. It actually looks better this way. Now that I'm used to it, I think a little belly kinda suits me. No need to bother losing weight anyway then. I sit down and start rubbing it. Wow, that feels good. I've always loved the feeling of being stuffed but it feels way better when you have got a belly to rub. It would feel even better if I was even more full too. I pick up a bag of crisps and start munching, while still rubbing my gut with my other hand. Ahh this is the best. Being a bit fat isn't bad at all. I look good and I feel great.
© Copyright 2020 Note95 (note95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236274-Realising-that-Im-getting-fat