*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2239294-A-new-kind-of-invader
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2239294
A guy goes on a date with a girl from out of town (Note: This was edited Recently)
It was Friday night, and I was sitting in a nice upscale restaurant in town. I had been waiting for my date to show up, but it’s been well over twenty-five minutes now, and they were still a no show? “Hugh… great there goes anther fifteen dollars down the drain?” I said, moping about my luck as most if not every girl I date ether leaves, breaks up with me, or sees someone behind my back. I found this one from an online site, which was sketchy at best?

“Okay; it like nine, she’s not coming, so I’m just going to-” Just as I was about to bale, a girls voice catches my attention as I look over and see someone talking to the hostess upfront; they point her to my table as she looks back at me and smiles. She was cute; she had light brown hair, bright green eyes, and a striking dark blue dress with high heels.

Walking over to me, I could see her hips swaying a bit as she puts a hand on her hip, adding to her movements, and it was kind of hot? But I worried she my go to the bathroom and leave me the bill? Never the less I held my breath and hoped for the best, “Hay, glad you made it,” I said, offing her my hand to shake as she looks back, her eyebrows raised before she flashes a goofy smile.

“Oh… Hmm, Oh shanty, my good man,” She said, bowing her head and kissing my hand. I was a bit confused by her kissing my hand, but I just shrug it off. I stood to grave her set as she smiles thanking me, before long, the waiter came to ask for our drinks, me asking for ah Heineken, as he turned to ask her if she would like some wine?

“Oh, no, thank you. Alcoholic eats away at me nine stomachs?” She said as the waiter and I look back in confusion? “Ugh, whoops! Ha, ha… did I say nine stomachs… Silly me, I meant to say, weak insistence?” She said, blushing with a dopey grin as she asked for water as I look back with a somewhat confused face but shrug it off as nerves?

‘Take a pill man, she’s probably a comic girl of something? Besides, you read manga, so don’t judge? Telling myself it was nothing as we started to talk, I find the two of us had a lot in common. She told me her name was Jane, and she just moved here from out of town. by the end of the night, we were walking out with our arms intertwined, “I enjoy tonight with you, Curt?” She said shyly as her eyes fluttered, as she curled her hair between her fingers.

“Yeah, me too, Jane,” I said smile back as she blushed, “Um, so do you want me to get you a cab or-” Just as I was about to offer to drive her home, I find Jane was gone? “Jane… Jane!” I cried, but she was nowhere in sight? Seeing I was just duped into paying for a 100 dollar meal, I gave a swift kick to the ground as I slumped back to my car, once again alone when suddenly?

“AH!” Suddenly, I heard someone screaming as I recognize Jane’s Voice as I rushed over, “Help! Let me go, please just-”

“Can it! You’re not getting away again, you-” As I rush over, I found Jane being pushed up against a wall by some guy in a black suit, holding what looked like a gun to her head. Seeing me, the man starts shouting at me to leave, but seeing Jane tear up, I knew I couldn't just stand aside? I rushed the guy and tried to get Jane free, “What the hell do you think you’re doing!”

“Stopping you from harassing my date!” I shouted, pulling her free, “Jane, run wall I-” Just as I was telling her to run, the guy fires his gun, hitting Jane in the back as she falls back the left side of her shoulder singed as she hits the ground, “Jane! You sun of ah-” Just as I was about to kick this guy’s ass, he comes in with a heard left to my face as I fall back unconscious. By the time I woke up, I was in my apartment and see Jane by my bedside, “J...Jane, whoa… what happened?” I asked as she looked back at me, tears in her eyes as she cried, happy to see I was okay.

“Curt, oh thank goodness you okay?” She said as I looked back and saw she was bleeding out her eyes.

“Jane… your eyes? You’re bleeding out, you’re-” As I tried to tell her she was hurt, Jane looks back at me, somewhat ashamed?

“Hmm, Curt...” She said, pausing as she bit her lip, “I… I haven’t been entirely honest with you?” She said as I sat there in confusion right before showing me how out of town she was?

To be continued...
© Copyright 2020 Madwriter (madagascar7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2239294-A-new-kind-of-invader