*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2239695-Journal-Entry-5
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2239695
5th entry in my writing journal
12/14/2020

         I have finally been able to do some work on my book yesterday. It wasn't much but I feel good about what I did add. Basically, I felt that the bit of drama that I had put into the first chapter just wasn't working and I felt that it was too early to have that going on in the first chapter so I have moved it to its own chapter and I am currently working on more story so I can have something before I drop the drama in. I was just getting too hung up on how forced it felt right there and once I made the decision to develop more, I felt a lot better about what direction the story is now going. I think it was blocking me mentally from progressing the story in the direction I wanted it to go.
         Now I am planning to do a few chapters that allow me to introduce some of the characters that I would like to have in this book. I see myself writing a series and adding characters to each book. I just need to figure out a system to keep track of who is in what book and watch how many I create. I don't want to have too many in the overall story. I would also like to create characters that people are drawn to and love to read about. Right now I am just keeping a running character sheet on the side of my document so I can add and remove information on characters as I go. Hopefully, that works for now.
         Overall, I feel I have made it through some major writer's block that I was struggling with and I feel like I can get a lot accomplished with what I have before I get stuck again. I am allowing myself to just write what pops into my head and then work it out later if I feel a segment isn't working. Now it's time for me to get back to writing the book. Just wanted to share my little update.
© Copyright 2020 Christy Shay (christyshay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2239695-Journal-Entry-5