*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242149-The-Story-of-Ellen
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Arts · #2242149
Kids story about learning
Hello, MY name is Ellen. I love to go to school. Reading books. Happy to listen to the lectures from the teacher. Ahhh, But I can't remember most of them.

Even my parents are fed up to see my result because I can't remember the entire lesson. My parents always shouted at me: "Oh Ellen why you can't remember and get good marks".

One day, I was sitting in my classroom. I was crying. My teacher came to me. she asked me: My dear child, why are u crying?

I told my teacher: "I have read my lesson. But I forgot most and again get less grade on the test. I failed. What is the purpose of learning?

The tutor smiled at this poor child and said: "you didn't fail my child."

she gave me a filter. This was dirty and in a bad condition. she asked me to fetch water from a nearby lake.

I went to the lake. Filled the sieve. All the water was out of holes. I became sad. And did this all day. Oh my bad luck, could not finish the job that teacher has given to me.

I returned to the tutor with a disappointing face and told him: "I can't fill the water . I again lose".

My tutor again smiled and said: "Look at the filter; it looks like it's new. It was clean while you were trying to fetch water".

My tutor again smiled and said: "Look at the filter; it looks like it's new. It was clean while you were trying to fetch water".

The professor then explained the true purpose of the work.

"The last time you asked me. What the purpose of reading as if you didn't remember what you read. Now take this example of filtering.

Filter = Mind

Water = Knowledge

lake = book

You don't remember it's okay! But reading will definitely make your mind clear. "Reading has a huge impact on the brain".

Now I understand that reading the lesson one time with tension can't clear my mind. I started to learn the lesson more time to remember.

Hurray, this year I have got full grades. I have learned how to read and never be disappointed by this.

Have you learned the purpose of the learning again and again?
© Copyright 2021 creative writer (mehmal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242149-The-Story-of-Ellen