*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243044-Who-Am-I--Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #2243044
Being a system wasn't easy...
"Oi, you need to give yourself a break! Let me take over front!"

She groaned, obviously trying to ignore the words that speak the truth. it had been a long, stressful day and she wanted nothing more than to just go to her room and pass out for the rest of the week.

"You're really stubborn, ya know?"

"Rem.. Can you please shut up? I have a headache and I just wanna sleep.." She sighed as she took her shoes off by the front door and walked sluggishly to her room. As she passed the living room, she spotted her roommate and his boyfriend eating pizza while watching some old movie. She stopped and watched them with a soft smile for a couple of minutes, familial love and adoration shining in her eyes.

Then she continued on her way up the stairs and into the mess she called a bedroom. Painting supplies, colored pencils and charcoal pencils, clothes and other random objects were scattered amongst the floor. None of them had the motivation to clean the mess, especially since the mess will just reappear in an hour or two. Without a second thought, she face planted the bed and curled up, hugging her extra pillow close to her chest.

"Ya should try ta eat somethin', Toots."

"I'm not really hungry right now, but thanks for the concern, Angle..." She murmured softly, even though her stomach growled at the idea of food. If it were any other day, she would've gotten something to eat before going to her room but today wasn't a 'normal' day. The memories of her past plagued her, even if she couldn't remember everything in her past.

The small ten year old shakily reached up and grabbed the box of fruit snacks. Her stomach growled in hunger and she was desperate to relieve the pain, even if it was a risky task to do.

"And what do you think you're doing?" The familiar voice asked, low and threatening. A hand rested upon her shoulder, causing her to flinch underneath him.

"I-I'm hungry, father..." She whispered quietly in response. A hand was raised and braced herself for impact--


"Em! What's wrong? What happened?" A soft and sweet voice asked, a comforting hand on her arm. She opened her eyes to see her roommate kneeling beside her bed. "We heard a scream and I was scared something happened..."

"Sorry Toots, Imma handle this one. Ya need da rest afta all."

Before she had a chance to say anything, nausea and dizziness washed over her as she was taken out of front and replaced by Angel as Remus helped her in the headspace.

"Don't worry, Sugartits, it was jus' a bad memory is all. Don't get ya taco in a twist, babes." The laugh was forced and fake, like it usually was.

"Do you need anything? Hugs? Tea? Someone to hold you as you cry?" the roommate asked. Angel shook his head. What he wanted was booze and drugs. What they needed was food and comfort, but he wasn't one for asking for comfort.

"Some PCP or Bolivian marchin' powder would be nice or some whiskey, but ya don't got those, do ya?" Angel chuckle. "I'll be ok, Sugartits, I'll take a shower and it should help."

"If you say so Angie.. You know you can talk to me, right..? I'm here for you all.." She murmured. He nodded and watched her walk out of the room.

It took a bit to convince himself to get up, but eventually he went to the bathroom with clean clothes.
© Copyright 2021 Butterfly (xxcr-ativityxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243044-Who-Am-I--Chapter-One