*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245334-The-wedding-Photo
by kewi
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #2245334
A women has a flash back to that wonderful night of their first and only date.


It was already 5 pm, I thought to myself as I rushed to finish getting set up. This was going to be our first date, and i had to make it perfect, something she would remember even in old age. " how did I ever get so lucky to get a date with her?" I asked myself out loud. " well you see you were just so persistent that i h ad to give in, you wouldnt take no for a answer." She replied from the doorway. I jumped and spun around" I-I didn't know you were here already." I said slightly embarrassed turning beet red.She giggled " I know" she said with a smirk. God after all these years i still haven't forgotten the smirk. I stood there remembering that night, how we danced, and talke, and even cried. I knew then that she was the love of my life. I smiled to myself, but it quickly went away as i remembered where I was and why I was here. Just as i was about to walk out a man stopped me. He smiled real sad at me and sighed. " she wrote to you.: he said then paused. " she wrote to you alot, I just never sent them out." He sighed again and handed me a box. " I knew i shouldve but I was just so jealous , even thought she married me, she still loved you. She always told me that night on the roof would always be her best memory. But with her gone I figured whats the point on me keeping them now." He sighed one last time and looked behind me, and just as he turned away i saw he shed a single tear." He really loved her..." i thought to myself. before i left the house i wanted to see what made him shed that tear, so i turned around and saw on the mantle. Their wedding photo.
© Copyright 2021 kewi (kewi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245334-The-wedding-Photo