*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246188-A-Lovers-Departure
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Relationship · #2246188
A tale of two types of men.
         Such lover who is leaving at dawn announces that he has to find his watch and his fitted cap. “I know I put them somewhere last night.” He says.
         Since it is pitch dark he gropes about the room bumping into the furniture and muttering, “Strange. Where the fuck is my shit at?”
         Finally he discovers the objects.
         He thrusts his watch into the breast of his Levis denim jacket and throws on his fitted Brooklyn Nets cap. Only now is he ready to take his leave. But why does he take the time to fasten the cord of her robe. This is quite unnecessary; she could have perfectly handled the manner on her own. And why must he spend time analyzing her, as if to leave that lasting impression in his head. She is almost sure that she would never see him again.
         What charmless behavior. ‘Hateful’ is an understatement.
         A good lover would behave as eloquently at dawn as at any other time. He drags himself out of bed with a look of dismay on his face.
         She urges him on, “Come, my friend. It’s getting light out. You don’t want anyone to find you here.”
         He gives a deep sigh as if to say that the night has not been nearly long enough and that it is agony to leave.
         Equally disagreeable is the man who when leaving in the middle of the night takes time to gather his belongings. Once up, he does not instantly pull on his True Religion jeans. Instead he comes closer to her and whispers whatever was left unsaid during the night. Even when he is dressed he still lingers vaguely pretending to be fastening the laces of his Jordan Retro 9’s.
         As he grabs his Yankee fitted, the two lovers stand together by the side of the door while he tells her how he dreads the coming day, which will keep them apart. He then slips into the brisk night air.
         She watches him go, and this moment of parting will remain among her most charming memories.
© Copyright 2021 Just Voicing It (justvoicingit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246188-A-Lovers-Departure