*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246276-Let-Art-Be
Rated: E · Article · Arts · #2246276
A piece to fight for the support of art in the academia.
I am a scholarly mind who loves art. This is evident in the fact that I studied art, practice art, teach art and promote art. My maiden article here being on art is another proof to that effect. The war against art in the world of knowledge does not go down well with me.

To begin with, art has been. Generations past have enjoyed and developed art. The vary language that enables communication is art. Ability to discuss the past and link it to the present is art. The colour that beautifies the earth is art. The entertainment that keeps the world laughing and away from sorrow is art. We cannot push art aside in pretence that it is no longer hegemonic. It still is because we still communicate, talk history, watch colours, get entertained and more. Art is part of us and would ever be.

Secondly, art is what some are wired to practice. They cannot but learn languages, go for linguistics, do theatre, sing songs, be mass communicators or historians. Art is the beauty such see and hope to make their life mark in. Attacking art is simply attacking such and their field of fulfilment in life. If part of the "why" of people's existence is to practice art, then, art should be allowed to be.

The Creator has so made things to be and exist peacefully without interference. Let all be careful how they push against what is not their forte. It should always be remembered that a man's food is another's poison.
© Copyright 2021 De Boyish Man (ejike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246276-Let-Art-Be