*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246473-The-elevator-ride
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Entertainment · #2246473
A realistic portrayal of a weird elevator ride.
"Finally home..." I muttered to myself as I walked into my building.
I looked at the stairs and really didn't feel like walking to the sixth floor today. So it is that I made the worst mistake I could have ever made, I took the elevator up.
The block starts with the small office spaces that are located on the first two floors, so it was not uncommon for a couple of people to get on the elevator at around the same time as me.
It was however uncommon for 7 people to get on on the first floor going up, at 9 in the evening.
"You are probably wondering why I gathered all of you here today." a distorted voice came from the speaker, cutting off the elevator music.
The next moment the elevator stopped moving.
"I gathered you all here for your... exceptional skills." the voice continued.
"Ehm... Hi... Ehm, I believe I'm not supposed to be here... ehm, can I... You know, just go to my apartment, then you can, ehr...scheme all you want." I spoke up before the distorted voice could continue.
"what the hell do you think you are doing here kid!"
"Ehm, I told you, I'm going home... 6th floor please..." I spoke trying to sound a lot more confident then I felt.
"Right.. er, give me a sec..." the voice spoke, it took a couple of seconds of cursing before the elevator started moving towards the sixth floor.
"Sorry about that kid, I'm new to this kind of thing, budget cuts and such at the Company, you know how it goes."
The rest of the ride to my floor was quite awkward, to say the least.
"Well, good luck to you, whatever you are doing." I spoke as the elevator stopped on my floor.
"Could you please not tell anyone about this?" The voice asked as the doors opened.
"Sure, Not as if there is anything I know." I spoke up with a awkward shrug, "So there is some plausible deniability and all that."
"Best wishes then." The voice said, sounding quite relieved.
As the doors closed behind me, I could only see the seven waving at me, apologetic smiles adorning their faces, before the door closed completely.
© Copyright 2021 warrior_fb (warrior_fb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246473-The-elevator-ride