*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246881-The-Disturbance
Rated: NPL · Prose · Crime/Gangster · #2246881
A story about the Gardner Museum Art Heist

Carissa Morrison about 425 words

noelcarissamorrison@iclould.com

The Disturbance
by Carissa Morrison


Anthony and Kevin parked their sedan under the awning, in front of Hemmingway Bank and hopped out. Dressed in city cop costumes, they climbed the building's fire ladder and began their pursuit. One big-boy step at a time, from rooftop to rooftop, they hop, skip, and jump--two blocks to the Gardner Museum.

"Take the ceiling or are we using the front door?"

"Let's mind out manners, shall we." One at a time, they drifted to the sidewalk sign that read "Welcome to the Gardner Heist." "This is our stop, cop. Ready to see what's inside?"

One ring of a bell and a buzz that must've been, because security willingly let the thieves in.

"We are responding to a 9-1-1 call about a disturbance." Anthony said. The on-duty security guard, whose name tag was apparent in dark letters that read Tracy.

"Lance, did you--"

"Hell no. I didn't call about any disturbance. Send them on."

Tracy attempts to shoot the bull with Anthony and Kevin. The two of them stood there and wasted time for a custard-breaded conversational moment. "I said send them fake ass cops on their merrily way before things go south. I can see it about to happen now." Lance said. He was loud and serious. He made eye contact with Anthony. Tracy looked for reassurance to remain comfortable in the eyes of a cold murderer.

Anthony yanked Tracy by the arm and twisted his skin to get it behind his back. He handcuffed his wrists. Anthony scared Tracy enough that he urinated himself. "You don't need to have full control physically and more agility to conquer quickly." Anthony said. He was giving a tip to Tracy, and for what reason?

Obvious to the eyes of all parties, a baton was hanging off of Anthony's police belt. He used it brutally to bust Tracy in the head. It was a quick blow, but Tracy did not die. Anthony looks at Kevin smugly. "What? I told you that I didn't have ammunition. I'm naturally impatient. In my eyes, he would've killed me if I did not stop him first. Now it's your turn. I'm taking him to the basement. Follow suit when you've finished."

` Kevin built up anger and adrenaline. This allowed him to put utmost force behind the drive to Lance's neck with a knife. Lance's echo bounced through the room as he yelled for bloody help. Lance followed suit, as he was told, by Anthony and they met in the basement of the museum.


© Copyright 2021 Carissa Morrison (cmorrison850 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246881-The-Disturbance