*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247344-Fear-of-Reflection
Rated: E · Article · Philosophy · #2247344
Why we fear deep thinking.
Many fear reflection and what it could bring. Many fear questioning everything around them, leaving themselves vulnerable and without answers. Many are not willing to accept that what they know, may not be known. This is quite understandable, but it restricts one from finding themselves and what is around them.
The close-mindedness of the masses leads to overlooking the gems of life. It is a shame that many close their eyes to what is around them. Especially when just opening their eyes every so much could bring them so much more to life. It is never as difficult as it seems when tackling the challenge in your own way. Self-reflection in time will bring the answers to how to find the answers. It is within you that thought it formed; where the seed is planted. The seeds are everywhere, but it is you who picks them and nurtures them. It is solely up to you, to give life to the seed.
Words only have meaning if the receiver gives them meaning. A seed is a seed, but the seed holds life and a path into the unknown future. It is up to you to plant and care for the plant. Someone will give you words, a story, a lesson, a seed, and possibly even plant it for you, but you--YOU--must build, expand upon it to grow the seed--growing its meaning. Then the beauty is found. Not necessarily in the moment, but later when the plant grows into something beautiful. Possibly not “beautiful” but its own beauty in its own remark. Then you can look back and see the beauty and meaning in all its stages, and not just one simple part of life.
© Copyright 2021 Andy9797 (andy9797 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247344-Fear-of-Reflection