*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249280-April-PROMPT
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Drama · #2249280
You Meet Your New Neighbor Who's A Werewolf
"Mom, there's a new kid on the street, can I go say hello?"
"Just a minute, Joe, if you wanna meet them, then I have to meet them, too."
I've gotta get the babies diaper changed, and dinner done, but sure, let's stop everything to go meet the new kid on the block! Patience, Nik, the boy needs more friends. He's 9, after all.
"Come on, mom!"
"Coming" darling, angel
Hello, cute kid, mmm, hell-lo cuter daddio!
"Hello there! I'm Nikki, this is Joe, and the little one is Mary, she's two. Welcome to the neighborhood! Lots of kids on the street, I'm sure I won't be the last parent you meet!"
"Thanks, I'm Wilfred, uh, Wil. I'm a widower. My son, Abe, and I moved here from a small town in Kentucky. He was sad to leave his friends, but just as excited to make new ones here. It's nice to meet y'all."
Oh my god, he's got a great handshake. Firm, strong even, and so warm. There was a bit of a chill outside, but when he shook my hand, it warmed me from the inside out. I think there was a bit of magic there.
"Alright, well, I've gotta get dinner started, and the baby in the bath, so I'll see ya later. Do you mind if Joe plays for a while, until I get dinner done? It's just the kids and me, so it gets hectic this time of day."
OH MY GOD I'm such an idiot, carrying on. BLAH BLAH BLAH
"Haha, no problem, Nikki. She can hang out here in the yard, with us, just holler when you need her to come on home."
Maybe I should invite him and Abe for dinner... No, the house is a wreck. Where was an extra $100 and a cleaning lady when you needed one, huh?

"Joe, dinner time!"
"Coming Mom!"

"Goodnight Mom, I love you. Thanks for letting me play with Abe! He said that they probably won't be around after today."
"But why, honey? They just moved in."
"Abe said they sometimes don't make it past the full moon, whatever that means. And that sometimes his dad can't find a secure place to 'hole-up', whatever that means. Abe's a little weird mom. And he's hairy, too."
"Haha, okay, honey."
UGH, it's 11 and the baby is asleep! What is that howling?!
Werewolf. It figures, a nice handsome man moves in and he's a fucking werewolf.


© Copyright 2021 Artemis Blac (artemisblac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249280-April-PROMPT