*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2251416-Point-of-View
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2251416
Flash Fiction
Point of View

“Stay away from me!”

He looked at her with calm cool eyes. She couldn’t ruffle him. He could see the edge of doubt flick across her face. He could wait.

She stood there as if she were made of stone, but he knew she was not. He knew her weak points better than she knew them herself but he wouldn’t stoop to using them, unless he had to, of course. He had his own pride. If he could get her to comply of her own free will, and in the allotted time, he would win.

Not that winning was the point, of course. But winning was such a sweet victory when you were up against such a smug opponent. Yes, it was worth the wait. This victory was long in coming, and he was ripe for it, he could wait.

He stood his ground, not saying a word. Soon, she began to slowly move. He gave her space and let her go at her own pace, and everything began to fall into place, perfectly.

Downstairs a few minutes later, he walked in the living room.

“You got Sara in bed already?” his wife said, somewhat shocked, “I didn’t even hear fussing!”

“I tried a new method I read about today,” he said, “it was written by a father, and it seemed to work well.”

“What was it? You need to teach it to me!”

“I’m not sure it would work for a mother.”

“Why not? If it gets the kid to go to bed, what difference would it make if it’s a father or mother that uses it?”

“I’m not sure, it just said that.”

“What’s it called?”

“The Don’t be an Idiot Method”

“Well, I’m certainly not going to use some method called that!”

“That might be the difference...”
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2251416-Point-of-View