*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255031-Job-Placement
by Daisan
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2255031
A new employee to a local criminals workforce causes tensions.
Job Placement

“Don’t know if I’d do that, if I was you.”
“What’s that?” Red asked, watching Serene walk back into the room, the door clicking shut behind her.
Jody pointed, “Leavin’ her with that bastard Charles hangin’ round here.”
Red smiled, You just mad cause of what happened back at Lulu’s.” He shook his head, clapping him on the shoulder. “You gotta let that shit go. Both of y’all workin’ for me and I can’t have no personal shit gettin’ in the way of business. You hear me?”
Jody shook his head. “This ain’t got nuthin’ to do with that."
“It don’t?” Red’s eyebrows jutted upwards. “Man had his knife at your throat first time I seen him and “I” wanted to kill’im. You sayin’ it ain’t on your mind?”
“No,” Jody said, “I’m sayin’ it ain’t got nuthin’ to do with what I”m talkin’ ‘bout now.”
Red hunched his shoulders, “And just what are you talkin’ ‘bout now?”
“I’m talkin’ ‘bout you, leavin’ him here ‘round the girls.”
“Man, everybody start out either here or making runs and collectin’,” Red hunched his shoulders, gesturing. “Shit, this is where we started. You and me both.”
“And what we do back then?” Jody asked. “Besides our job?”
Red smiled, “Get all the ass we could, when we could.” He frowned. “You gonna begrudge the man some free pussy? Or you just worried about him gettin’ a hold of Janey?”
“Nawl,” Jody said, pointing. “But, you oughta be worried ‘bout him gettin’ a hold of her.”
Red frowned. “Who?” Serene?” He shook his head. “She know better than that.”
“Do she?” Jody asked. “How? You tell her?”
“I don’t have to tell her,” an edge was in Red's tone. “She know.”
Jody just looked at him for a moment, then nodded. “Alright. You the boss. But, if it was me? I’d tell her flat out - stay away from that nigga.”
Red looked at him, curious. “Why you so set on this?”
“‘Cause I know how you is. And I know you ain’t ‘bout to be sharin’ no woman.”
Red was silent a moment considering.
“You saw his knife,” Jody said. “You ain’t see what he had pulled out before that.” He shook his head. “Ain’t no way I’d want all that creepin’ round my woman.”
Red cocked his head. “All of what?”
Jody held his palms about a foot apart, “All that.”
Red made a face, “Oh.” He sighed, shrugging. “Collections it is then.” He looked at Jody. “I’ll tell him later on today.”
“Let me tell’im,” Jody sneered. “I wanna see that son’bitch face.”
Red shook his head. "I hired him, I'll tell him."
***
Janey lay naked on her stomach, legs bent paddling the air, her feet rising and falling slowly. “You know Jody don’t like you?” It was a question spoken like a statement.
Lil Charles brought his right leg up, scratching his knee absently, “What make you say that?”
She giggled,. “You know why.”
“You tellin’ me he still mad I bought you dinner?”
“Broadnax and nem said you tried to kill'im.” She looked at him closely. “Did you?”
He snorted, shaking his head. “Wasn’t nobody tryin’ to kill that fool.”
“I’m just tellin’ you what they said. Still,” she rolled onto her side, facing him. “I was you? I’d keep my eyes open ‘round him. Jody mean.”
“Sugar,” his gaze moved slowly down to her waist, “I keep my eyes open ‘round everybody.”
She scooted closer, rolling onto her back as he slipped his left arm beneath her waist pulling her beneath him as he rolled on top of her, his legs parting hers.
She laced her fingers behind his neck. “Well, I hope you plan on doin’ more than just lookin’ at me.”
He frowned, “Pretty sure I just finished showin' you I'm gon be doin' more'n that.”
“You did?” She yawned, stretching lazily, shaking her head. “I swear, I got the worst memory in the world. Do me a favor Daddy? Show me again.”
He smiled. “I think I can do that.”
She reached down, gripping him firmly. “Well?” she gave him a tug. “Get to showin'.”

© Copyright 2021 Daisan (daisan6402 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255031-Job-Placement