*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256260-The-Trick
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2256260
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge entry
It’s hard to make people see things that don’t exist. How do you convince someone that there’s a zebra in front of them when there’s none?

When you give it some thought, you’ll realize that it’s actually not that difficult; at least not for me. It’s hard to believe that a person can have such a skill. But here I’m, standing in front of you, holding a skill that can make people see things that are not there.
You might want to know how I do that. I can’t tell you that. Just like the saying goes, ‘a magician doesn’t reveal his trick’. Well, just to clarify, I’m not a magician. But am I a human either?

Can you see my stripped skin? Can you see the black and white strips that make my skin? Can you see the tail sticking out of my back, waving in the air like a pendulum? Can you hear my heavy breathing? Do you feel the ground vibrating around you as I stamp my legs? Look closely as I twitch my stomach to fend off the flies. Here, they’re gone. Did you see that?
Now close your eyes. Open them when you hear my neigh. Once you open your eyes, you’ll see that there’s a zebra in front of you. And you won’t force thoughts in your mind that says otherwise.
© Copyright 2021 dhruvkumar (dhruvkumar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256260-The-Trick