*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256322-Paternal-Instincts
by Artie
Rated: GC · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2256322
A new father copes with his new life and a loss of sleep.
Type: Flash Fiction.
Subject: That Night.
Word limit: Not more than 150.
genre: Horror, Dark, Death, Romance, Adventure (Any three)
Last date: 08/14.
It should be submitted as a b-item format.


Paternal Instincts


         The night I decided to stop following the rules, I woke to the sound of crying. Waking to crying would soon annoy me, but I was still elated, knowing that I was a father. The security lights beamed through the curtains, illuminating the hospital room where I had been for far too long.
         “I’m coming,” I choked out through a raspy voice, still not fully awakened. I stood from the chair that forced me to sleep in a sitting position the last three nights, placing my hands on my kidneys, stretching backwards while letting out a sigh. I gathered my son from the basinet and plopped down next to the love of my life, begging her, once again, to breastfeed. I glanced at the barricaded door as she pled with me through sobs to “Stop this nonsense and give the baby to the coroner!”
         She’s so cute when she’s angry…


         Word Count 150
© Copyright 2021 Artie (thedar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256322-Paternal-Instincts