*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256732-Notepad-Trickster
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Monologue · Thriller/Suspense · #2256732
Thoughts, ideas, soundboard, scribbles, notes for Trickster.
Next scene. Date with Aiden at the Iron Bridge. When you went out with your husband, and you rode the mechanical bull, and flirted with the cowboy knowing full well that you were there with Chris, what was that really all about? You had been cooped up for too damn long, and it was about personal power, not the date itself, but doing someting out of the box, doing something because you (fuck it all) could. (hold my beer). It had little to do with the date and mroe to do with breaking out of that half sleep work depression bullshit you'd been living in. Work with that. After all, she is trying to break out of workaholic and figure out who she is outside of being Michael's wife and white picket fence demanding job lady.

Consideration for Trickster - Should you change the plot line to include 2 exes, Michael and another, one abusive marriage and one cheater?

Deviant Art
Mordecai83
..Venetian Mask..
Trickster cover
my sign in Dovetail921
one time use permission with Cover Image used with permission Copyright ? ?

At the diner, Angelina acknowleges the townspeople wondering and judging her. Expand on Angelina growing tired of the fast pace of her career, the lonliness of the city, the innate defensiveness of the people there, her own need to be alone and start over and not be amidst all the stress and rush and demands of city life on top of a demanding career, and the emotional health of the change of environment for her to be left alone while she heals from her divorce and regains her privacy. After all, modeling is a high exposure high attention and high demand career choice.

Why doesn't Angelina want to charge the children? With the divorce and the drama she encounters in her work life, and being in a new town not wanting to be seen as trouble, she really doesn't want the drama at this point in her life. She's guarded, and would rather be left alone in peace.

Readers want to know more about everyone and where everything is going. Along with this, don't forget where they're coming from. It's said that "to know where you're going, you first have to understand where you come from" True of both the town and characters of the book. Give backstory, internal dialogue, etc.

Expand on why Angel, despite being a model, isn't stereotypically stuck up.

Change point of view to help flesh out characters in the readers mind?

Town, not just my main character, must "come alive."

Keep the pool house scene? Obviously Angelina and Sam Collins will have many more interactions, and since he's working on her house, having a bigger place gives him far more excuse to be there. And there are ways it can give Angel a bit of justice (hubby paid out for the split). But with a new start, Angel is trying to get away from the busy, complex, "city breakneck" and find, in some ways but not all, a simpler life here in Allegan. A pool house might be a bit much for that kind of lifestyle change. So I'm not sure what direction to go here.

Is Jack just a ranch owner who gave sam a place to stay? Is he the villan who was a drifter a year before sam? Is sam a cop following jack because this isn't jacks first offense, but there's nothing to pin jack with?

Small town sheriff will always show up and introduce himself to the newcomer. Have him show up to introduce himself. When they interact, she's going to ask about Sam. Don't forget to describe at meeting moment! Small town sheriff would know who the trouble makers in town are, so yes, go to the cop.

How did she find out about the affair?

Description Aiden at the diner point. Aiden came off to Chris as an old man who would normally hang out at a diner, not a mid 30's ex varsity jock.

Pick a smaller town.

Julia reveals more through her shoots about her life/past/experiences because getting facial expressions well done in your own modeling came from finding a memory that related to the subject you were shooting. Trick acts as escort on shoots.

*Add notes from Chris's Review and Homeslice Abe's Review.
© Copyright 2021 Tiffany Dowell (dovetail at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256732-Notepad-Trickster