*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2257914-Murder-in-the-Alp-The-witnesses
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Fantasy · #2257914
When a human is found murdered deep in the Alps, a court is called to judge.
The air is gloomy and the wind cold upon the skin. The clouds mirror this expression, sitting stagnant all waiting for their turns.

Nature has a bored expression on his face, his wig poised sternly upon his head, his eyes observing the accused solemnly.

The proceedings was going slowly and Mr. Sun sat impatiently in the audience, gazing at the worn out watch on his wrist every once in a while. His shift would soon begin and it would be time for his rounds. He wasn't present at the time of the murder, but his statement was needed. He tapped his feet impatiently.

The bird whistled, fluttering her feathery hands at the defendants that sat motionless on their desk. "Bring up the first witness". She sang.

The tree rose slowly and stiffly, his glasses was thick with mist and he brought it down, cleaned it slowly before putting it back on slowly. "Witness one", he bellowed. "I present Mr. wind". It wasn't long before he felt the gentle rush of the wind on his skin and his lawyer robes flying behind him. He grabbed it with a 'humph' and continued forward.

Mr. Grass the clerk marched forward enthusiastically, his excited mood, in complete contrast with his surrounding. 'Five more years on this job would wear him out', Judge Nature thought quickly gazing at Mr. grass.

Mr. Grass performed his duties quickly, making the witness repeat after him. promising to say the truth and nothing but the truth. He rushed back to his seat not ready to spend another second in the wind's present.

"Tell us what you saw in the Alp. Remember, do not give us a second person statement. No guesses and your opinions are better suited to remain with you, we would not hear it", Mr. Tree drawled. "You may begin".

"It was a fairly hot day", Mr. Wind began. "It was about Time for sun's round to finish and I was happy, so I thought it nice to dance in the brush".

"Wind, would you go straight to the point please?", Mr. Tree rubbed his nose. The defendant interjected, jumping up to her feet. "Objection, my Lord", She called, eyeing Mr. Tree. "Let the witness talk!".

"Objection sustained", Nature drawled out, resetting his glasses on his face to peer down at Flower, the defendant. "You may continue", he gestured to the witness.

"Then I remembered Moon was sick, and she couldn't be out today and I decided to pay her a visit", Wind continued. "I was on my way to Moon's cave when I saw the accused". he pointed to the box that held the accused, whose face was unreadable.

"He was just coming out of the woods and headed towards the mountain".

"Do you know what he was going there to do?", Mr. Tree asked

"No. Mr. Tree. But his face was red from anger and he walked with a fast pace", then whispered, "Like he was ready to kill". Everyone shuddered.

"You are not allowed to voice what you think. only state what you know", Mr. Tree glared at the witness. "That would be all my Lord", he turned to nature and have a stiff bow before returning to his seat.

Flower got up slowly from her seat - making an obvious act of concentrating on the files in her hand - she strode to the witness box. "At what time of the day did you see my client in the Alp?", She asked, abandoning her files to look up at the witness.

"Like I said before, it was about the time Sun was to finish his rounds. Therefore, it was almost evening", Wind replied.

"Was this the first time you ever saw my client in the woods?".

Wind hesitated. "No",

"So what made that day special?".

"Objection my Lord", Mr. Tree jumped from his seat. "Irrelevant question".

"Objection sustained", Nature said. "Go on".

Flower turned back to her witness, "What made that day special, Wind?".

"The look on his face. He was so angry and his strides were long and fast".

"With that, you concluded him to be the murderer?", Flower almost laughed.

"Ms. Flower, please retract your question, we do not want the witness conclusion or insinuations, only facts", Nature corrected.

"I'm sorry my Lord", she turned back to the witness. "Did you see my client with any weapon to show that he intended to hurt someone?".

"No, but he must -", Flower cut him off.

"That would be all my Lord", she returned to her seat, nose in her file

Slowly, Judge nature looked at the over- enthusiastic clerk. "Call in the next witness", He ordered.
© Copyright 2021 PenCandie (pencandie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2257914-Murder-in-the-Alp-The-witnesses