*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258116-Isnt-Life-Funny
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2258116
Flash Fiction
Isn’t Life Funny

“When are you leaving for Anna’s party tonight?” Sandy asked.

“I don’t know...” Tom answered.

“You don’t know?”

“Yeah, I’m not sure.”

“This is Anna’s party Tom!”

“So?”

“So? So it’s a big deal that you even got invited!”

“It’s just a party.”

“No big brother, it’s not just a party. It’s Anna’s party. Anna! The most popular girl in school! You need to go, you need be there and be seen. You need other people to know that Anna invited you to her party!”

“But I just got Blazer Planet Raiders, I’ve been waiting for a month for it!”

“No new game, no! Anna’s party yes! There will always be another new game. There will never be another first invitation to Anna’s party. There will probably never be another invitation to anything if you blow this one. You have to go! Don’t be late!”

“Jeese! Fine! You’re a crazy person! It starts at eight, I’ll be there at seven fifty-nine and a half, OK?”

“You don’t have to be a jerk about it. What are you going to wear?”

“OMG, clothes! Go away!”

“Fine!” she stomped out, muttering.

Tom did go to the party. He also did wear decent clothes. However, he also met Jack two houses down from Anna’s, and they started talking about Blazer Planet Raiders, Jack had gotten it the week before.

They never arrived at Anna’s party.

They also never made the “in crowd,” in high school, much to Sandy’s dismay. However they did go into business together after college. Quite successfully too.

Anna ended up on a reality show that bombed out, but she married quite well, and didn’t seem to mind.

Oh, and Sandy eventually got into gaming too, and married Jack! So, she ended up happy also.

Isn’t life funny!
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258116-Isnt-Life-Funny