*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/225943-Indiana-and-Pizza
Rated: E · Fiction · Relationship · #225943
a short story of a single mom, pizza and Indiana Jones (draft)
The hot water was out again, and I stood in the freezing water of my shower and looked at my life. I was only 22, had a three year daughter, whose father bailed on me when he found out that I was pregnant, and had no luck on the dating scene. My daughter was my world, but I needed something besides three year jabber in my life too.
I got out of the shower to see my daughter, Callie, sitting in front of the mirror with lipstick covering her face. "I just wanted to look pretty like you momma." was want she told me. I laughed and thanked her.
I cleaned off Callie's face and then got dressed. It was my day off from work and I was looking forward to spending some time with Callie and getting some rest. I decided to order pizza for lunch because I had no desire to cook.
"Pizza, pizza, pizza!" Callie went around the apartment singing. I smiled and made the order and then put a movie in for us to watch.
About 35 minutes later there was a knock at the door. "Pizza!" Callie yelled and ran to the door. I grabbed the money off the table and went to the door with her. I opened it and realized I was looking into the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen.
"Your total is 12 dollars even." He told me as he stared back.
I gave him a 20 and said keep the change. He asked if I was sure about that, and I then realized what I was doing.
"Oh man sorry. Been a long week." I told him as I took the change and gave him the 3 one dollar bills. "Uh would you like some pizza?" I asked as I held up the box. "Maybe watch a movie? I have Indiana Jones. Not just cartoons. At least last time I looked I did."
"Yes momma, I want pizza." Callie exclaimed as she looked at me with her blue eyes.
My delivery guy smiled. "Cute little girl. I will have to take a raincheck on the pizza. I am still working."
"Oh of course. Silly of me to ask." I said as I felt the color rush to my face.
"That is all right. Have a nice day." And with that he headed down the stairs.
"Momma!" Callie cried.
"Oh sorry honey. Come on let's have some pizza." I said as she clapped her hands and followed me to the table.
The next few days got better for me. I got a promotion at work, the hot water was back, and I got to spend more time with my Callie.
Callie and I were playing Go Fish, when there was a knock at the door. I got up and went to answer it with a little tag along. I opened the door and there was my delivery guy.
"Hi. My name is Justin. I thought that I would see if you would want to do that pizza and movie. I have Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom for us, and Veggie Tales for cutie here."
I smiled. "My name is Sarah, and I would love to have some. Please come in."
Callie took the two movies and Justin followed her with the pizza. We may have watched Indie, but we were starting our own adventure right here in my living room.




© Copyright 2001 *love2NaNoWriMo* (love2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/225943-Indiana-and-Pizza