John’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 1/2 oz. unsalted butter, room temperature
3 oz. light brown sugar
3 oz. granulated sugar
One egg each
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 1/2 oz. bread flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
8 oz. chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt together using the paddle attachment in the mixer at medium speed.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift the flour and baking soda together; mix into the batter.
4. Stir in chocolate chips on low speed.
5. Portion ( 4x6) onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
6. Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for five minutes, then rotate and bake for another four minutes until just done. The cookies should still be a bit underdone in the center and slightly brown at the edges.