*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2259608-A-Boy-with-a-View
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #2259608
What goes through the minds of a lost soul.
I may lose my train of thought, as I open my eyes to witness a new world. No matter how many times I've blinked, the world never seems to stop establishing it's new heights. From the ages of the dinosaurs, to the birth of mankind, I've witness it all. The never stopping expanding possibilities occurring, as I keep thinking and thinking with a close mind and a small presence. I've traveled from the birth of the world to its end. Millions of events destine to be, from thousands of years of war to a few years of peace. A land never stopped from being explored, destroy by its own greedy of limited resources. Its not the world's fault for running low on its treasures, as the world was made to be shared. I've tried to intervene many times, but I've blinked and the world once again changes. I've tried to be faster and fight the change, but the world never stops changing by itself. My voice becomes a whisper, my action becomes no more of a scratch and time continues. Blink and blink again how the world never stops to expand, hate, hate expands throughout me, why must you hate me, as I learned to hate you. I've witness your creation and destruction, why must you love and take it all back. Why must you treat them this way, why must you give them no peace or retribution. Is it because you've failed at your own creation, no, no it's because the world never changes. The world was once my play ground destroyed by its gift. I've created the land, air, and sea. I've made every possible adjustment for the world to be its holy grail, why must you change the moment I've blinked. I'll close my eyes and I'll never open them, not even for you, I've witnessed what you can be yet you never plan to be perfect for me. My outer shell filled with a look of disbelief and despair, not even able to hide my sadness from brightest star. Even the moon stopped following me around I've tried to run, walk, and crawl, but the moon is stuck not even lighting my sight. Are you scared? Are you empty too? Has your light just become a reason to light the night? You were once the topic of many beautiful poems, from the rock of love to the only friend above. Why are you afraid to follow me? Has the world been explored so much you've gotten bored with me? Please just show me what you hide in the shadows cast from your light? Why must my thoughts be involved around so much from the earth to the moon to even the stars. It's because my eyes see them as me. I'm sorry for being so unreasonable, but I walk around without knowing my existence. Was the earth supposed to be shared and filled with peace or destroyed by its own greedy and kept all for one? Was the moon supposed to be my light from above or my hope that there's more beyond my soul? Are the stars my guide or my light source? If they have purpose what's my purpose? I'm just a child who created his own world in his own imagination. I've seen the dinosaurs from books, I've heard the creation of earth from man, I've read and heard our end through everyone's opinion. I've gave everything purpose, yet my purpose still remains. I was an innocent child with my own thought process. Why has it ran wild? Was it because there's no other option. If I don't follow you and the rest of the world follows you will I be lost and forgotten. My common sense and morals are based on what I've seen and learn. Was I really an innocent child because maybe in this world a child's view means nothing. As a child you mean nothing. Am I a child for believing my own words? I'm a lost child with lost thoughts and you may seen me as a child misdirected. No, I'm simply a child who's became unable to follow the world. I have no path, I've witness life itself trying to answer it's own question. A child has a simple life maybe it was suppose to be like that, but we grew up and the simple life is the enemy of the world. I'm a boy with a view, a view with no purpose and trying to replace that "child's simple life" with something else.

© Copyright 2021 Canovas (papitalocs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2259608-A-Boy-with-a-View