*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261342-A-Friendship-was-Born
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2261342
Flash Fiction
A Friendship was Born

“I don’t believe you. Late again! I thought you were going to change your ways. Isn’t that what you said? ‘I’m gonna change my ways, Dad. I’m not gonna forget things anymore. I’m not gonna be late anymore. I’m gonna start being someone you can count on. I’m gonna show up Monday morning at eight o’clock, and you can depend on me from now on.’ Well it’s ten thirty, Franky, what do you have to say for yourself?”

“It’s Sunday Dad. I came over to fix the washing machine for Mom.”

“The washing machine?”

“Apparently it’s broken, been broken a couple weeks? Mom’s been going to the laundromat?”

“It needs a part.”

“Mom said the part came last week.”

“I forgot, she told me that. I wondered why she seemed to be going to the store so much...”

“The laundromat is at the same mall. I told her you were extra busy because I couldn’t start working regular hours till Monday. But I could try fixing the washer.”

“Maybe I could help you,” Dad said quietly.

“That would be good. I’d like that.”

A friendship was born.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261342-A-Friendship-was-Born