*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261385-PerHorr
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2261385
Your personal horror
PerHorr


         A crippled fly was crawling on the skin, awkwardly stepping over protrude hairs with remaining legs. Tiny triangles of ragged wings thrashed the air in vain. Jana screamed, wiping away the buzzing speck with disgustful haste. Childhood fear, driven into the abyss of the subconscious, oozed out. The only lamp on the ceiling exploded, scattering sparks, and the girl screamed. More than mutilated insects, thrown into her bed by her elder sister at night, she only feared the night itself.
         Flashes of light provided a landmark, like a beacon illuminating the dark waters. Jana trembled, choking on impenetrable blackness. Stumbling every other step with her knocked down in blood legs, she rushed for reflections. Suddenly it flashed directly overhead, imprinting dirty wall tiles in the brain. An old pool with a panoramic roof stood out in the night, scraped out from the darkness by a cloud-coughing moon. Drops whipped on the glass, and the wind blew mighty firs into squeaking. Streams of water snaked on the sloping windows, webbing young face in shadows. Somewhere in the blackness, behind the empty bowl of the pool, a child cried.
         "Molly?"
         A whip of celestial fire snapped nearby, ripping a century-old trunk into shrapnel. Old tree struck branches in agony, cutting through the glass roof. Jana fell to her knees, pulling jacket over the head. A volley of thorny fragments pierced the thin fabric, slashed the skin. Charred branches fell around, bouncing off the floor at random, threatening with twisted fingers and scattering black needles.
         "Need to go"
         The passages are blocked, so there is only one way - along the bottom. Waters rise quickly, but the dim shine of the stairs on the other side seems so close.
         The wind roared even more fiercely, frightened the moon, pressing the darkness to the ground. Nothing to see, but the cold night. Dashing, ruthless, angry.

         Flash. Surrounding glitter, it's not from water, it's shredded fly wings. The entire pool is crawling with stumps of insects. Severed heads scribble with jaws. Articulated legs beat in agony. Even the wind died down disgusted by the crunch of chitin.
         "Need to go"
         After emptying her stomach, Jana held her breath and stepped into the swarming sea.
         Just a few steps were left when oxygen ended. The diaphragm buckled in convulsions, pulling clouds of ground wings and gnats in the lungs. Choking on her cough, the girl struggled with the pliable mass. Desperate, she slumped forward, holding out her hand, desperately reaching for the safety rail.
         The pool is gone. The darkness parted, powerless within home walls. Molly cried in the bedroom.
         "Jackass!"
         Jana took off her headset and ran to her daughter, slapping her bare feet on the parquet floor.
         "Baby, it's okay. Mom is here "
         The child, feeling the chest, calmed down and sniffled, smacking his lips. Jana stroked daughter's soft hair, smiling happily. Pressing her lips to the top of her head, she breathed in her dear scent. Dreaming, dozed off. Woke up because puffing became heavier, gurgled dully. Jana looked down. A viscous black resin oozed from her chest instead of milk. It clogged the mouth, flowing out of the tiny nose. The little body convulsed. Screaming, Jana jumped to her feet, trying to tear it from her chest. The sticky resin didn't budge. Silently sobbing, gasping with horror, Jana pulled with all her might and tore the child away from her. Through a veil of tears, she saw a bloody mess in her hands and her daughter's face stuck to her chest. Safety fuse went off, and a memory clicked in her head - PerHorr.
          "Log off! NO! NO! LOG OFF!"
| Your personal horror is complete |

         Reality lashed out instantly. The sister's face, red from laughter, the apologetic look of her husband, the memstick tied with a red ribbon.
         - You jerked like crazy! - the sister claps her hands.
         - Shut up! Stupid! You cretin!
         - What? You ... what? - the husband mumbles.
         - This is hell! Molly was dying, bugs ... horror! Erase it already! - Jana burst into tears, covering her face with her hands.
- H-how? You yourself should have, - the husband whispers, hugging shoulders, - Before logging out, the game asks you to reset the experience. If you unload without resetting, you will remember everything as a morning dream.
- No! I can't live with it! NO! Is this still a game? Erase, erase everything, delete, exit! EXIT PERHORR!

© Copyright 2021 SalavatULaev (salavatulaev at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261385-PerHorr