*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262119-Waking
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2262119
Flash Fiction
Waking

“I had the strangest dream.”

“Huh?” he said drowsily, peering out into the darkness.

“I had the strangest dream,” she said, “we were in another place.”

“I wish...” he murmured.

“No, it was a weird place. It was a funny place with giant flowers and huge trees.”

“Giant flowers?”

“Yes and more. Many of the animals talked.”

“All animals talk.”

“Yes, but these animals talked English, just like us. And some of them were helping us get to a place where we could get back to our real home. But there were dangerous animals too and it was a long way away.”

“Are you alright?”

“It seemed so real. I felt like I had to get home, and time was running out.”

“Well, time is running out.”

“That’s not funny.”

“No, it’s not funny, and it’s starting to get light, we better get moving. Time is running out.”

Alice sat up and turned, there sitting beside her, in the soft flower bed, was a large white rabbit. As he checked his pocket watch, he spoke again, “Are you ready?”

Alice shook her head, then sighed, “I liked it better when it was a dream...
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262119-Waking