*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262953-Life-is-Good
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2262953
Flash Fiction
Life is Good

A snowball hit me right in the chest! Wham! Totally unexpected! I was just walking down the path in the park.

I wasn’t sure which I was, more angry, outraged or scared! It’s not likely it was a friend fooling me. How many old fogies do you know who hide in the park waiting to ambush a friend, with a snowball, at seven in the morning? In my group, I’m probably the only one who even knows how to make a decent snowball. Which, just in case, I quickly made.

As I stood there, snowball in hand, I checked around. The trees on the left were sparse, you could see the sky through them, not much hiding room. It had to be from the right. One tree was quite large, easy to hide behind. I fixated in on it, slowly walking toward it, so no one could leave unobserved. I was determined to at least see the culprit.

Wham! I got hit again! Obviously not from that tree either! I glanced in the new direction and all I saw was a medium sized tree with some squirrels in it. But as I looked, I noticed they were all looking at me. All standing completely still, on the tree branches looking at me...

Oh Jeepers! I figured it out! I forgot to toss out my bag of crumbs and scraps when I went by the picnic area. The area’s always cleaned out by the night creatures, but there’s always a small group of “early bird” squirrels when I go by in the morning. This must be them. Oops!

Sometimes you just don’t realize how you fit into someone else’s world. Putting my snowball down, I walked back to do that job that I didn’t even know I had.
Life is good.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262953-Life-is-Good