*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262965-One-Special-Night-in-Bethlehem
by Ann69
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #2262965
The birth of Jesus
Can you imagine what it must have been like 2,000 years ago, on that very first Christmas night, in a small town called Bethlehem?

So the story goes that a young woman, with her husband, traveled by donkey for miles to this small town in order to be registered. The census was called for by Caesar Augustus. All had to be registered in the town they were born. There were no paved roads, as they passed through beautiful, though sometimes rough terrains, rocky hillsides, desert valleys and the multiple green olive groves. It sometimes took weeks of travel to arrive at one’s destination, and the journey could be quite rough. They also traveled in groups for better protection against thieves.

Mary, who was nine months pregnant, was beginning to have birth pains as they arrived. They needed to find a place to rest, but all the rooms were taken, so they were led to a small cave just outside the town. That night, the sky was filled with stars, the air was cool and gave a slight breeze. Their only warmth came from the breath of the animals they shared the cave with. It was here that her child was born.

Can you imagine how Mary felt when she held him for the first time? What was she thinking all those years ago? “Here is my King. My Lord. My Son. I am the mother of the Messiah. Will I be a good mother?” I have no doubt she was overwhelmed at the thought of who he truly was, and also of the great love she felt in her heart.

There was one star in the sky that glowed more than any other that night. It is called, “The Star of Bethlehem,” and it lit up the sky with great joy. It was located directly over the cave, and gave the location of where this baby was born. He lay in a manger, swaddled in the cloth that was made by Mary’s mother. Wise men, and shepherds came to see him. Wise men bearing gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. Gold represented kingship, frankincense represented worship and myrrh represented death and mourning. The three aspects of Jesus’ future life.

This one tiny child changed the entire world forever on that night. He was, is, and forever will be a symbol of pure love and peace. The Alpha and the Omega, and this was his beginning.
© Copyright 2021 Ann69 (ann69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262965-One-Special-Night-in-Bethlehem