*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263445-Santa-and-an-Alien-Ship-Crash
Rated: E · Fiction · Holiday · #2263445
Santa was busy delivering his toys when... Surprise... an alien ship crashes into him.
A UFO, flying high in the sky and moving fast, made three police officers wonder what it was and who it belonged to. It paused for a while before falling downward. As it grew nearer, eyes grew wide when they spotted Santa and his reindeer directly in its path. They drove toward the collision 'ready to happen.' They also discussed the weirdness of it all.

High in the sky, Santa looked over his list, checking it twice when he heard a sound above him. The reindeer named Donner made a horrifying sound while Rudolph’s nose grew redder. Santa coaxed his reindeer to go faster but to no avail. The saucer barreled into them, and the earth below grew nearer and nearer.

SPLAT! Santa, dizzy from the frenzied freefall tottered out of his sleigh and checked on his reindeer to make sure no one was hurt. They were shaken but appeared alright. He looked around and saw the strangest big-eyed being who the police were handcuffing as if it was an everyday occurrence.

“What is going on here? Who is this strange looking being and why are you handcuffing him?” Santa shook his head, trying to make sense of what he was seeing.

He turned back toward his reindeer and saw what was hurled into his sleigh. “Why didn’t I notice that before? Is that your alien ship?”

The alien just looked at him without saying a word.

A policeman answered Santa, flummoxed overseeing an alien, and Santa at the same time. What a story to tell his grandkids - What a story to tell now!

“Santa, these alien ships become invisible whenever they don’t want to become detected, that’s why you didn’t notice it right away.”

“Well, I’ll be! It’s like my sleigh and reindeer! Hey, did you copy my design?” Santa stared daggers at the alien who hung his head without saying anything.

“I don’t know about that; these little guys are pretty smart.” The lead policeman led the alien to the police car and pushed him into the back seat.

“If you say so. Now can I get some help to lift that thing off my reindeer’s reins? I need to get going, I got toys to deliver!”

The reindeer began making such a noise that the police could not ignore them any longer. They dialed the only people who could help them.

Half an hour later, a big truck drove up. The man jumped out, looked around, scratched his head, and proceeded to unload a huge backhoe. He lifted the saucer which caused it to float in midair before disappearing.

“Dang it, now we won’t be able to check inside to see how that thing worked!” The lead policeman slammed his hat against his knee. He stomped towards his police car and notice the little alien was also gone.

“Now where did that alien run off to? Santa, you better go before I arrest you too!”

Santa stared at him for a long time which made him nervous. “Okay, I’m sorry, I’m just so confused with everything that has happened. Who’s going to believe me when I write out my report?”

“We saw everything too, Mike. We’ll vouch for you.” One of the policemen spoke, reassuring his lead man.

“Same here, they have to believe all three of us. Let's take a picture of Santa as he takes off!”

All the policemen took out their cell phones, but Santa thumbed his nose at them. He waved his finger and all the gifts on the ground flew back into the bag.

“Sorry fellows, it’s not allowed.” Santa got in his sleigh and sang out to his reindeer… "Onward Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen - Onward Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. Okay Rudolph, lead the sleigh out of here. Let’s continue where we left off, after being so rudely interrupted."

The three policemen watched as Santa flew higher and higher. They took pictures until they couldn’t see him anymore. They whooped with joy, knowing at least they could show everyone Santa. They checked their phones and all they saw was the night sky and nothing else.

“How did he do that?” Mike scratched his head.

“Beats me!” The other policeman said.

“It’s magic!” The roadworker smiled at them.

713 words
© Copyright 2021 Jeannie Cheering for Martel (sjs55049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263445-Santa-and-an-Alien-Ship-Crash