*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263711-The-Secret
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2263711
Flash Fiction
The Secret

“Do you want to know a secret?” Frank asked.

“No,” said Jack.

“So, Alice Winder... What? What did you say?”

“I said no. I don’t want to know a secret.”

“Why not?”

“Why would I, it’s a secret.”

“Because it’s fun to know secrets about people and things.”

“Why?”

“Ah... because it’s a secret?”

“Which it isn’t if people start telling everyone. Plus the person who it’s about is usually keeping it a secret because it’s embarrassing or uncomfortable for them which is how it became a secret in the first place.”

“Which is the fun part.”

“Oh really, well what’s your most embarrassing secret?”

“I’m not gonna tell you!!”

“But you’ll tell me Alice Winder’s, and we hardly even know her?”

“Fine! I get it. It’s creepy, and not very nice. You managed to take all the fun out of it.”

“And I hope I made you a better person at the same time.”

“Huh.”

“And by the way, Alice Winder didn’t get a speeding ticket yesterday.”

“What? Who told you? I thought you didn’t listen to that kind of stuff!”

“No I said I didn’t want to know a secret, which that wasn’t, nor was it true. I was with her and her brother was driving at the time.”

“You drive me crazy, do you know that?”

“Yes, I know, it’s kind of fun.”
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263711-The-Secret