*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267463-I-Know-That-Im-A-Girl
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #2267463
A girl is forced to cross-dress by her family just to maintain their business...
Warning: Violence and a little bit of blood and cussing.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



*footsteps* *Skyler painting about her emotions* *Getting into a fight with guys* *Laughter* *repeat* *repeat* *repeat*



"Skyler!" Someone interrupted Skyler's sleep, she opens up her eyes to see her "friends" looking rather disappointed. She took her earbuds off "What do you want?" She says aggressively. Her friends changed their expressions in a flash. "Oh, it's nothing! It's just...class is about to start..." Skyler stretched her arms. "I see" that's all she says before sitting straight on her chair. "He's so scary..., but cool at the same time!" her friends say as they head towards their assigned desks.



And yes, they call her a "he", this is a story about a girl where freedom has been snatched away from her ever since she was 7 years old. This is the cruel path that she has to walk 'till the very end. Well, that is, if she doesn't lose her sanity by then. The art teacher walked into the classroom. And everyone sat straight on their chair and stayed quiet. "Today we are going to paint about emotions, the mind." "How do you feel about certain things in life, or how do you think other people see you". Everyone began to whisper to their friends. "Today I wanted to touch something different from just passages, the sunset, the sea, and other natural things, I want all of you to create something special, something...new, something uncommon, so you all gonna start now!". After the teacher clapped her hands everyone began to grab the tools to start painting. Now Skyler is studying to be an artist, well, not exactly..., you see, she will be the leader of a company that her parents had been working on for years. Unfortunately for her, her job isn't exactly painting portraits.



"Emotions..., The mind huh?" Skyler said with no emotion in her voice. She grabbed her brush and used dark colors as the background, she used black, grey, midnight blue, and red. After she was satisfied with how the background looked, she drew three people. The three people had hands covering their eyes, chest, and intimate areas, but there was no telling what was their gender. The three people looked the same, the center one had no emotion. The left one was screaming, and the right one had its mouth sewed and crying blood. The art teacher was looking at each student's masterpiece, but when she saw what Skyler drew, she stopped. "This is..., Interesting..." she began analyzing the painting. "It has so many ways to be interpreted, yet being simple"



The teacher looks at Skyler. "You know, you make so many interesting paintings, if you keep at it you can make it far you know?" but Skyler smiles, and it's not a genuine smile either. "If only..." The teacher didn't hear her as she already left, Skyler looked at her painting.



"Nobody can see my inner turmoil, well, it's not like anyone can see my suffering"



Before class ended her friends stopped beside her to look at her masterpiece. They got goosebumps as soon as they saw the nightmare art, but they still praised her art skills all the same. She just smiled a bitter smile. After she put her stuff away and went on the corridor a guy that she beat a few weeks ago came and stood on her path. "That guy really must have a death wish..." the other student began to mumble.



"Hey, Skily, I'm back for revenge! I'm not gonna let you beat me like last time!" He said as he was running towards her. "Is that so?" she said with a creepy smile. Her friends moved out of the way. After the guy was close enough she moved out of the way, causing him to run into a wall, he fell on the floor. Skyler took this chance and sat on top of him "You've messed up with the wrong guy! For a second time." She began throwing punches at him, she punched him over and over, nobody dared to get close to her. The guy was bleeding very badly, but no one came to his rescue. After she was done she moved away from him, leaving the guy close to his death, but no one moved from their spots. It was like they were glued on the spot, watching everything unfold. "WHO WANTS TO GO NEXT!? DON'T BE FUCKING COWARDS! STOP WASTING MY TIME AND COME AT ME ALL AT ONCE!!!"



Anyone would call her insane, but nobody was brave enough, they know better than to anger her more. "How can a guy so skinny and..., cute looking..., can be so strong?" that's all they say between themselves. After Skyler calm down she went to the boy's bathroom, she washed her face and look at her hands. Her hands are hurt from beating so many guys in such a short period of time. All the guys tried to prove their strength which always ended up in their doom. "I always used to fight people at school, but I didn't think that I would also have to fight at college..." Skyler picks up her phone to look at the time. "It's lunchtime..." she gets out of the bathroom and went to the cafeteria, alone this time. She saw the top student from the accountant class, she liked him, but thanks to the fact that she has to dress up and act like a guy she always kept her distance. Her wish to be with him would never come true. The top student was buying lunch, but when he reached for his pockets, he didn't have any money.



"He must've forgotten his lunch money..." she walked up to him. When he saw that Skyler was walking towards him, he tensed up, which was a normal reaction. "I will pay for his lunch" The top student was surprised "Calm down, I only beat stupid people" that's all she said after walking away from him. "What am I doing? If my parents knew about this they would totally go mad" she went to her usual spot and began to listen to music as she ate her lunch. A few girls approached her "Hey Skyler~ Would you go with us~?" They were trying to flirt with Skyler, unaware of her true gender, and of course, Skyler ignored them. Since flirting with Skyler didn't work, they sat closer to her to try and touch her. "GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS AWAY FROM ME!!!" she yelled, making the girls jump. Skyler left her lunch and ran away from the cafeteria, stomping on the floor all the way out.



She ran fast and far, she ended up on the rooftop. "I feel so dirty..." she wanted to cry, but no tears would show up, she wanted to be the girl she is, but she couldn't. Her parents were counting on her, and she couldn't do anything else but accept her fate. To forever be the boy she never was. "If only I could do one thing as a girl..., I wouldn't complain so much..."



After school:



Skyler was on her way to get on the train, it was raining, she didn't have an umbrella but she didn't care. She felt like someone was staring at her, but she could care less. After a few minutes, her head began to hurt, she groaned as her world began to spin. She heard a voice, but she couldn't quite make out what the voice was saying, and before she knew it, she fell unconscious.
© Copyright 2022 Writer_Nexxt (writernexxt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267463-I-Know-That-Im-A-Girl