*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268430-Aberrant-Growth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kioni!
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Relationship · #2268430
Because sometimes, being different is the only way I know.
In this moment of absolute silence, the world was watching what I did next. This moment of pure quiet, revealed society shadowing me, trying to cloud my judgement.

But I was protected. Protected from you, protected by you, protected with you. You were my antagonist, but I didn't care.

In these few moments, nothing else mattered. We healed our villainized souls up by being together. We were broken shells mending ourselves up by needles and uneven stitches.

It hurt so good, each puncture and tightening. It made us stronger, secure, and one step closer to being indestructible. It allowed me to breathe a little deeper, sigh a little harder, and hold a little stronger. Because for all I know, I'm never letting you go.

Screw society and their empty standards.

Sometimes pain was the perfect way to heal when pain was what had destroyed me.
© Copyright 2022 kioni! (kionic1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268430-Aberrant-Growth