*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268600-Dark-Scythe
by Carlie
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2268600
Guy wants to kill his brother after his brother killed his family
Chapter one: Rise Of Sakamoto



My name is Sakamoto. I was born in the Asakusa district in Tokyo, Japan. My dad left me when I was born. I thought that he had died. I never tried to find him. When I was 7 my mom and little baby sister were killed in an accident, at least that’s what the cops say. But I don’t believe that bullshit that they say. I think someone murdered them.

The guy had a black and gold suit on with a mask and a cape. He had some sort of power. After they died we had a funeral. I stayed in school. Had to get a job. I then moved to Kyoto to go to high school.

Now back to the present time.

-Present day. Kyoto, Japan. September 17th, 2002-

That day was one of the worst days in my life. I’m walking down the street and out of nowhere, BAM!!!! A big explosion. Right in front of me.

I see a ton of buildings around me just destroyed and one body. I get up and blink a few times to make my vision clear up a bit. There’s this ringing in my ear.

The wind starts to blow. Some dust gets in my eye. I rub it out of my eyes but I can still feel the dust in my eye. I tried to stand up but there was a piece of concrete on top of my leg. I quickly try to get it off.

I get it off. I stand up but am unable to walk. I put my hand out to hold onto something. There’s nothing in reach for me to grab so I waddle over to a ledge.

I look forward to trying to see the figure and shape of the body I saw after the explosion. I start to move forward stumbling over every little pebble and every piece of stone and lumber. Ditches and holes.

I finally made it over to the body to see a deformed and burned up body. I could barely make out who it was. He had burn marks all over his face. One of his eyes was hanging out of his head and a metal pole went through the other.

His entire right arm was torn off and at least 10 feet away from his body. Blood oozed out of his body. I then realize who it is.

“F**k. F**k. F**k. This is one of Kenji’s old friends.” Kenji is my brother. I haven’t seen him in like 8 years. I don’t know if he’s alive or not.

“Damnit. How could this happen? Did someone target him? Is someone hunting him down? F**k.”

Then there was this huge gust of wind. I put my arms up to try and stop my body from moving. My leg starts to hurt once again. The wind stops and then I see this black figure standing, well more like floating, in the air.

Once again, I see the man in the black and gold suit. He looks as evil as he did 9 years ago when he killed my family.

I yelled at him “You son of a b***h! How could you do this? Again!? Why would you do this, you sick son of a b***h?! Answer me d****t!?”

He just stood there, looking at me. I stared right back at him and then he said something.

“Sakamoto. I remember you. I remember killing your family. Your 28 year old mother and your 2 month old sister. I remember taking your sister and throwing her into a wall and watching her bleed out. Then stabbing your mother till she stopped screaming out. Ah yes. Good memories.”

“You sick f*****g b*****d. How can you do that!!!”

I charged towards the nearest object that I could throw. But he charged down towards the ground to stop me. He started to walk towards me. He reached his hand out and grabbed his mask. He started to take it off.

I could start to see his face. He was pale white with a scar on his left cheek. His eyes were blue and he had light brown hair. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.



As he took his mask off he looked more and more like my brother Kenji. He finally took his mask all the way off. He threw it on the floor. He started walking towards me getting closer and closer.



I looked him directly in his eyes. He looked so much like Kenji. Then I heard him say “Hey Sakamoto. It’s been a long time. I think it’s been since I killed mom and sis, right?”



I was speechless. My own brother killed… The person that raised him he just… F**k. How can someone do that? I looked him in his eyes and stared deep into them.



I then came up and sucker punched him in the face and took a piece of a metal pipe that was laying around from the explosion and started to swing it at him trying to kill him. He kept dodging all of my attacks.



He started to float in the air again. He shouted “Platinum!!!!” He held his hand out towards me. A purple orb started to form in his hand. He closed his hand and then he pulled his arm back. He shot his arm forward and opened his hand as he shouted, “Blast!”



I got hit by his attack and got sent flying at least 50 feet away from where we were fighting.



Dust started going everywhere. It covered up where Kenji was and let him make his escape. Soon some heroes showed up due to the explosions that had just occurred.



These heroes include- Windwave and another hero named Demon Angel. Two of the most powerful heroes to ever live.



I went up to them and asked them how to get stronger. They told me to join this school named Tochigi High. They offered a class to help turn 5 kids into heroes or help them learn to defend themselves.



I applied for Tochigi. The entrance exam is next month. I skipped class that day to go and do the entrance exam. There was a test that consisted of 50 questions and a physical examination for those who wanted to join the hero class.



Me and 4 other students got into the class. One girl’s name was Akari. Her, her brother and sister made the cut as well. That made 3 students with me 4 students. There was one other person that also made the cut but I never got his name.

I said my goodbyes to my old school the next day for I started at Tochigi the following Monday. That day arrived fairly soon. I got my new schedule. I went to my first period which was the hero class. I introduced myself and then something sudden happened.



The skies turned purple and then lightning started to appear. I ran into the hall. I started sprinting as fast as I could to the front of the school. I ran into the principle.



“Where do you think you’re going, young man? Class is still in session,” the principal told me.



“You got to get everyone out of here. Someone named Kenji is outside and he’s already…”



Mid-sentence and then bam. All I could hear was the multiple students dying from the blast of Kenji’s attack.





Chapter two: Hero Flame



Tochigi, just like that, went up and blew up. Multiple people lost their lives today. I pray that they live in peace now. But there’s no time to pray.

As I look up, Kenji is floating there in the sky. He charges me at his top speed. I put my arms up to block the blow but instead a shield pops up to block Kenji’s attack.

“So you’ve unlocked your powers? The kai-shi power is a very rare type of power. You are going to be fun to kill,” Kenji said as he took up a fighting position.

He charged me and I charged him. Throwing my arms towards his face. He punched me in the stomach. He quickly charged me again as I was getting up. Hit once again but this time in the face.

I got up and yelled “Kai-Shi Shield!!!” It popped out. I didn’t expect it to work but it actually worked. I used the shield to block his attacks. I see some people that survived the explosion.

I threw my shield at Kenji to knock him back so he couldn’t hurt the students that were trying to flee the scene so they, too, did not die.

My shield didn’t come back to me, but instead disappeared into thin air.

I put my arm back as if to throw a punch but a red ball of lightning started to form in my hand. I realized that it was almost the same orb that Kenji had used for his Platinum Blast move.

I decided to put my hand out and put my other hand on my wrist to try and control the power. Kenji just looked at me and kinda laughed at me.

“What are you trying to do? Are you trying to make a power blast?” He just kept laughing at me. The ball of lighting started to get bigger and bigger. Soon it was big enough. So I lifted my arm up and slammed it back onto my hand that was on my wrist. I yelled out “KAI-SHI!!!!!!! BLAST!!!”

Soon a blast of energy shot directly from my hand. I made sure to fire in a direction that was away from people. Kenji was hit by the blast. At least that was what I thought.

I then saw a purple light. My blast was getting harder to control. I then realised that Kenji shot a blast to counter my blast. It was like a blast battle like you would see in a video game.

We both countered each others blast. I was thrown back quite a few feet while Kenji just moved a few inches. Then out of nowhere a girl ran up towards Kenji with a knife yelling at him.

“You killed my brother you f****r! Give him back to me you piece of s**t! F**k you!! F**k you, f**k you, f**k you!!!”

Kenji held out one of his fingers and pointed it at her. He then shot a little piece of energy right into her leg. She dropped down to the ground screaming.

Kenji walked up to her and grabbed her by her neck.

“You dare try to harm me, you pathetic little w***e. Who the f**k do you think you are?”

Kenji started to grip her harder and harder till the point he started to flow his energy into her. Her head had taken in so much of Kenji’s energy that her head exploded. Her brains went everywhere. An eyeball went to the ground and rolled away.

Kenji then threw her towards where the school once was. I heard someone scream when Kenji killed her. I saw Akari run up to the girl that had just died. She picked her up and started crying.

I got back up and charged Kenji. I threw a punch at him for him to dodge and then threw a kick at him. I did a flip and used my other leg to kick him in the face and then punch him in the gut.

I landed a few combos on him till he got me again. I was hit so hard I went flying again. I held out my hand and did another kai-shi blast but this time I held it in my hand and charged Kenji with it.

He started to back up and dodge me. I kept charging him. I was determined to hit him with this move no matter what.

He kept dodging. So I tripped him and as he fell I hit him with my attack and screamed out “KAI-SHI BLAST B***H!!!!”

My blast made him go flying like 50 feet. Kenji got up once again and started to retreat. I charged him following him as I was not going to let him get away once again.

Kenji picked up his pace and went even faster than before. He shot a blast at me that I easily dodged but as I was dodging the blast he disappeared again. I had lost Kenji once again.

I headed back to Tochigi. I saw all the dead bodies lying around and all the injured students. Windwave appeared at the scene and helped the injured to a safe area.

I approached Windwave and asked him for a sword. He gave me one and I went back to where I lost Kenji for he couldn’t have gone far. I looked into the distance and saw his figure leaning against a tree.

I charged him with the sword Windwave gave me in hand. I was ready to kill Kenji right here and now.







Chapter three: Blackflame



I chase after Kenji. I see him sitting by a tree trying to catch his breath. I quickly charge after him. Sword in my hands, I draw the sword back. As I approach him, I swing the sword with all my strength.

He dodges but I still grazed him with the tip of the blade. I cut the tree in half. It falls right next to Kenji.

I charge him again. He throws a punch. I go under and swing the sword up as if I was trying to cut his head off, which I was trying to do. He dodges again and then kicks me in the face as he pushes off my face to create some distance between us.

Kenji starts to create another blast. I quickly call out my shield to block the blast. But if I were to do that it would make the blast bounce off my shield and possibly kill innocent lives.

I thought to myself for a while. I came up with the decision. I got my shield in my hand. I drew my hand back and hurled my shield at Kenji. He quickly released the blast which destroyed my shield. But I can always make a new one.

I grab my sword again- which is a katana. Don’t like using those other swords that the knights used. They suck.- I charge him and swing my sword in a bunch of directions and speeds. Trying to kill him is why I keep missing my attacks. What if I try to just harm him and then finish him? That might work.

I tried it out and sure enough I landed a blow. Wasn’t that good of a strike but it worked for now.

I threw the sword at Kenji and quickly started to charge up a blast to blow Kenji away. My beam charged with a red glow. I look straight at Kenji, deep into his eyes. I locked my sights on him and fired my blast

“KAI-SHI BLAST M**********R!!!! TAKE THIS YOU B***H! DIE IN HELL M**********R!!!”

I shot my blast. I thought I had hit him. It looked like it was going to hit him and kill him. But it had only grazed him. It took off a piece of his suit.

He quickly ran up behind me while my beam was still firing. He hit me in the back of my head and knocked me out. There I dropped to the ground and laid there for what felt like hours but it was only 37 minutes.

I then realized that Kenji also helped the people by making me knock out and stop my beam.

I lay there thinking about my defeat. Thinking about what I could have done differently. As Kenji left before I fully knocked out I remember what he said to me as he left.

“You are worthless little brother. You can’t kill me. And just so you know, I killed mom and sis for a reason. A reason I can’t tell you right now. Goodbye you foolish piece of s**t brother.”

I start to get my vision back as I wake up. I see a figure running towards me. I couldn’t make out who it was or what they looked like. All I could see was someone there.

They get to me and yell out. “Someone get help. He’s not breathing very well.”

When he said that, it made me worry cause I was breathing fine, and then I remembered that I had thrown my sword at Kenji and that he deflected the sword as I shot my blast at him. He must have stabbed me with it when he knocked me out.

I put my hand on my stomach and then looked at it, and sure enough blood was coming out of me.

“Your gonna be fine, ok? Just stay with me. Damnit!!! I need someone here now. F**k!! F**k f**k f**k!!!”

Help finally arrived. They put me on a stretcher and took me to the closest hospital. I lay there with tubes going into me.

I woke up a few hours later to see a nurse walk into my room and check my pulse and stuff. Monitor my heart rate and blood pressure. That stuff. I see Windwave sitting right next to me. He had the sword that I was stabbed with right next to him.

I sat up. I talked to Windwave. “Hey, um, Mr. Windwave sir. I had a question.”

“What is it?” he responded with. “I’m wondering if I can drop out of the hero course at Tochigi and train under a hero for some time to develop my skills. I don’t want others getting hurt because of me. Kenji attacked the school because I was there.”

“Sure. Go ahead. Do whatever you need. I’m glad that you want to put others before yourself. You can train under me for a while.”

“Thank you Windwave sir.”

After I was discharged from the hospital Windwave was standing right there in the lobby. “You ready to go?”

“Yeah.” I responded with.

-3 months later-

As I was about to leave Windwave’s training, he stopped me before I could leave.

“Before you leave you have one more test to take in order to leave.”

“What test is that? I thought I completed all your training?”

“You did, but there’s one more thing you must do before I can grant you permission to go and defend the city with your powers and people not try to arrest you.”

“What must I do?”

“You have to fight me and 4 other heroes. That is your final test. You will first fight Armour Gradian, Windwave which is me, Celtic, Black Storm, and this one vigilante whose name I don’t know. I think she’s called Purple Twister. Those are the people you must fight. Do we have a deal?”

“Yes you do. When will this take place?”

“Tomorrow next week.”

“Sounds good to me. See you then.”







Chapter four: The fight for my freedom



The day of the fight arrived. January 26th of 2003. A Sunday. But it wasn’t sunny. The skies were dark and gloomy. Looked like it was gonna rain but it didn’t smell like it was gonna rain.



The wind started up. A huge gust of wind to start it off. The trees shaking rapidly. The leaves are moving across the ground. The rest of the snow is melting. It really was winter time. The time of people coming together and celebrating.



That wasn’t the case for me. I trained everyday for this fight. This fight would determine what I do about Kenji. If I win then I’m on my own but if I lose then I go back to Tochigi, and I put everyone there in danger.



The smell of freshly cut grass hit my nose. That was weird because it’s the middle of January. The grass doesn’t grow in January. There’s no reason to cut it.



The wind started to blow harder. I started to walk forward to where the fight would be held. I could see Windwave standing up ahead. I waved to him.



I entered where the fight would be held and I looked around to see a huge crowd of people. All I could see was survivors of the attack on Tochigi. And then I saw her. The girl whose brother and sister were both killed by Kenji. Her name is Akari. She looks beautiful. Her long silky black hair that covered up most of her face. The pink streaks dyed into her hair. Her gentle blue eyes and her pink lips.



I shook my head for I had to focus on the fight and not on her. I look back to Windwave.



“What the hell is this?” I asked him. “This is who you will be entertaining today. I set this up so then people could see your power and to make this fight more exciting.”



“I didn’t agree to this.” “I know you didn’t. But guess what? I dont f*****g care.”



The amount of disrespect coming from his voice. But I got why he was being like that. I wanted this fight so I had to deal with his smartass attitude.



“NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE MOMENT YOU’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. THE FIGHT BETWEEN HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT- SAKAMOTO- ALSO KNOWN AS THE SHADOW!”



I turned to him. “Actually it’s not the shadow. It’s actually Da…..”



Windwave corrected himself.



I was told to stand on a line before Windwave as I waited for my opponent to come out.



“NOW TODAY SAKAMOTO WILL BE TAKING ON 4 HEROS IN A FIGHT! BUT HE WILL BE FIGHTING THEM AT THE SAME TIME!’



When I heard that I knew my life was over before it even started. I knew I was going to lose this fight. I had to fight all 5 of them at once.



“Now Sakamoto, just know that you’re not fighting me. You’ll fight me if you beat the other four. Good luck.” Windwave walked off after telling me that and then suddenly 4 people fell from the sky.



Celtic- A girl with the powers of telekinesis. Black storm- Short guy with the power to control storms and lightning. Armour Guardian- A guy with a sword and shield. He didn’t have any powers. And Purple twister- A girl with the powers of lightning and tornadoes.



I put my guard up to fight and then Windwave said to start.



I back up almost immediately to keep my distance. Thought about fighting them one on one to take them all down easier. I looked around and thought that that wouldn’t work. I look up and charge straight forward.



I tossed my chances of winning out the door but I still had to try. I charge them. I ball my fist up into a ball and swing at them. Them backing up for distance to not get him.



I follow them. I see a giant tornado coming towards me. I back up and jump into the air. I hold my hand out. The ball of energy starts to form up for a kai-shi blast but it looks different.



It starts to make a different shape than it usually does. I closed my hand to absorb the energy and then it started to glow. Then out of nowhere a sword forms out of the energy. I grasp the sword and take my guard. Ready to fight.



I charge them once again this time with killing them on my mind. I knew that if I thought about killing them I wouldn’t lose this fight.



Black storm charges me and I use my kai-shi shield on him and push him back. I then throw my shield at Celtic and use it to also bounce towards Purple twister and attack her with my sword. I got on top of her and stabbed her with my sword in her upper thigh.



She tapped out and I beat her. Only 3 people left. I charged Black storm again. This time I charged him with my sword aimed for his head. He started to duck to dodge the sword and then I stabbed him in his lower abdomen. He also tapped out. 2 down, 2 to go.



I charged up a kai-shi blast and charged Celtic and as I got closer to her she backed up and then I threw my sword at her and then shot my blast at her. She had nowhere to go and got hit by the blast.



That was now 3 down and 1 to go. I charge Armour Guardian who had not fought at all this entire time. I charged up another blast and fired at him and then I grabbed my sword and stabbed him with it as he dodged the blast I shot at him. I took him to the ground and kept stabbing him till he tapped out. He eventually passed out and that meant that I had won the fight.



I then looked at Windwave. He started to walk towards me ready for his fight.



I clenched my sword some more and I broke it. As soon as it broke it reformed into something new. I grasped it and put it behind my back. It then formed into a 70 pound, 10 foot Scythe that had blue flames coming from it.



I charged Windwave with it. I swung the scythe around and almost hit him.



“Sakamoto, if you keep thinking you’re going to kill me, you won’t ever beat me. Stop thinking like that and just fight me.”



When he said that it made me mad. I screamed at him and then suddenly blue flames were coming out of my hands. I started to shoot fireballs out of my hands and I didn’t know how I was doing that.



I calmed down a little bit and picked my scythe up for I had dropped it when my hands caught on fire. The flames on my scythe started back up.



I charged him again and again. Then suddenly I blacked out. I fell to the ground.



When I woke up I saw Windwave standing over me.



“Looks like I won,” Windwave said. I got back up and picked my scythe up but as soon as I touched it, it disappeared into thin air.



I couldn’t believe that I lost it all because I passed out.



“Looks like you couldn’t handle your own weapon,” Windwave tells me. I look at him and yell, “I could have won. If I wouldn’t have passed out I would have kicked your a*s and won my freedom. Now I’m stuck at this damned school with a bunch of people that will just get killed if I stay here.”



Everybody went into shock when I said that. I then stared straight into Windwaves eyes.



“Just because you lost doesn’t mean I won’t let you leave. You showed your true strength and that’s all that matters. You’re free to leave as you wished. Good job Sakamoto.”



I bowed to him and said thank you. I then turned around and left the fighting area. As soon as I got out Akari was standing right there in front of me.



“Hey, is what you said there really true? About how all of us will just die if you go to school at Tochigi?”



“Yes it is,” I responded. “Then I want to thank you. You stopped that guy that attacked the school. I want him dead and it seems like you’re the only one that will kill him. So thank you.”



“You’re welcome. I swear to you and to everyone that I will kill him.” As soon as I said that she stepped on her tippy toes and grabbed my face and kissed me.



“Thank you Sakamoto. Oh, and that was for you. Good luck out there.”



My face got all red. I then looked straight up and knew exactly where I was going to go. I headed back to my old house cause I had a suit in there for when I used to play ninja and superhero.



I took it and made modifications to it. I put it on and left my house. I went to my moms grave in Asakusa.



“Mom, I’m going to avenge you and sis for what that b*****d has done. I’m off now”



I get up and leave. I headed for the only place I knew where to start looking for Kenji- Tokyo.



As I perched on top of a building I knew I looked badass just sitting up here. My black suit. A black jacket with knife holsters on it. Black pants with gun holsters and knife pockets. And a hood with a black face mask to cover my identity.



I got up and walked to the edge of the building, turned around, and fell backwards. I then turned back around and started to dive for the ground. I knew Kenji was somewhere in Tokyo and I was going to find him.



I was now a new man reformed as a whole new person. I was ready to kill him and I wouldn’t stop looking for him till he was dead.



This was my revolution.



[Chapter five: Finally Vigilante]

Diving off the building I threw a grappling hook onto the building and caught myself before I fell to my death. I bounced off the building and used my kai-shi blast to somewhat fly.

After I used that scythe I have been able to use fireballs and shoot them. I started to learn how to shape the fire to what I need it to be.

I stop using the kai-shi blasts and use my fire to shape wings to fly. In my suit I carved out an area for the wings to come out without burning my suit and setting it on fire.

I fly down into an alley way to watch as a guy and three other men start to rape a girl. I intervene with them asking if they know a man named Kenji.

They decided not to tell me anything. “You fucking bastard! Thinking we're gonna give up the boss to some douchebag like yourself? Your fucking crazy man.”

They start to charge me with knives and crowbars. I easily dodge them and swing around to their back sides to disarm them and take their weapons. They then grab out their guns and start to point them at me.

“Hey hey. There's no need to use those. We can just settle this like grown adults.”

I put my hands in the air and look right at them. “Psych.” I jump into the air and take their guns and then kill 3 of the guys to leave one final guy that's still alive. I jump onto his legs and break them. Then I break his hand and all his fingers. Then I grab him by the shirt and pull him up to the ground and push him to the wall.

“Now if you don't want to be in any more pain then i suggest you tell me where your boss Kenji is.”

He started to break into tears in fear of his life. I started to bend his broken fingers back more. He still wouldn’t tell me so I reached my hand out behind me and started a flame on my hand.

“Now if you don’t want to die then tell me where Kenji is.”

That finally broke him as he didnt want to die. “He’s not in Tokyo right now…. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! He’s not in Tokyo right now.”

I bent his fingers back to make him talk faster. “Where is he then?”

“He’ll be back in Tokyo in 3 days time. You’ll find him at the top of the Toranomon Hills Mori Tower. It’s about 5 blocks from here.”

“Thank you. But I still can’t let you go.”

I pull my arm back and then pull my arm forward and my arm with the man in it, I pull that one back and push my arm through him and sever his heart in one hit. The fire caused his heart to explode inside his body. I dropped him and left the scene before the cops showed up.

I quickly hop from one building to the next to propel myself up to the rooftops. I looked around the area to make sure there was no one watching that would rat me out to the cops. Had to make sure that there were no witnesses.

I jump off the building I was on top of and use my fire to create wings and fly to a distant area. I return back to where I set up my base of operations. I take my hood and mask off when I reach my base.

I go over to the training area where I continue to punch a punching bag. I look over to the area where I hold my weapons. I then reached out and called my scythe to my hand.

I swing it around a few times then I start to use some of its power. I absorbed the power and the shock of it hit me back. I let go of the scythe and it disappeared.

I look back to where my scythe was. I turned my head again. I got up and put my gear back on and headed out of my base and into the city. I had 3 days to wait for Kenji. Might as well keep myself busy in the meantime.

I jump from building to building. Rooftop to rooftop. I hop down from some of the buildings and stop some people from getting mugged and beat and some people from getting sexually assulted.

3 days later the day had finally come. The day when Kenji would arrive in Tokyo at the top of the Toranomon Hills Mori Tower. I start to head there. I knew that this would be the day that I killed Kenji.

I had to kill him today. There was no other choice. He had to die before he killed others.

I stood there on the top of the tower and the wind started to blow. It blew my hood off and then I felt the presence of Kenji right behind me.

“How did you know I was going to be here?”
“Had to kill a few of your guys to find out.” I turned around and looked him dead in the eyes. “Kenji, today is the day that I kill you.”

© Copyright 2022 Carlie (carlie0918 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268600-Dark-Scythe