*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269443-Luck-of-the-Bard
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2269443
A traveling bard begins her day.
Luck of the Bard




The sky turned to gold as the sun peeked over the horizon. As a rule, Lyryk didn't see the sunrise. Her duties as a bard kept her up until the taverns closed, then she slept until the noon meal. Traveling, she saw the orb begin its day with regularity. In villages, towns, and cities, she frequented the common room of whatever tavern hired her for the evening. If she was lucky, the proprietor offered a corner of the storeroom to lay her bedroll. Otherwise, she paid for a room at an inn.

This morning, though, found the young half-elf in a lean-to near the road to Irewick. As she crawled from her bedroll, the first signs of spring greeted her eyes. Tiny green shoots poked out from the soil, promising warmer days to come. Gathering her gear, the yellow flower of a shamrock unfurled. She knew then that she would have a good day.





© Copyright 2022 Just Jae (jaejaeme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269443-Luck-of-the-Bard