*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269563-Andre-and-the-Banana-Bar
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2269563
for the March Musical Madness

10.) How did Andre get into the bar business, how did he acquire the Banana Bar?

W/C 430


One day some time ago, Lilli opened the Banana Bar for business. As she puttered about, straightening the bar, polishing glasses, bringing up the kegs, getting more bottles of liquor, sweeping the dark corners, out popped a little monkey.

“Well, hello there! How did you get in here?” Lilli picked up the little guy. He had a note on his little flowered shirt that read ‘This is André. Take good care of him. I’ll be back to get him soon.’

This little monkey chittered and chattered and snuggled up to Lilli. It was love at first sight. They were inseperable.

As years rolled on, André learned to speak to Lilli in a kind of sign language, mixed with some recognizable words. Most common in his vocabulary were the words ‘no’, ‘beer’, ‘banana’ and ‘money’. He learned to count all the way to 100. He learned the difference between dollar bills and pennies.

So as he matured and Lilli needed more help in the Banana Bar, due to its success among the writing.com patrons, it seemed natural for André to start helping Lilli in the bar. He earned a little spending money, enough to keep him in flowered shirts, bananas, and beer. Lilli paid the bills, he provided the entertainment, they both poured drinks.

One day André came to Lilli. He threw a wooden box down on the counter.

“What’s this little buddy?”

“Aasnkfd sdjfkd dollars”. André opened the box, out spilled bundles of hundred dollar bills. And a letter with a recipe for banana daiquiris.

“You’ve been holding out on me! Where in the world…On second thought, don’t tell me. I prefer to not know. That way when they come asking, I can honestly say I'm innocent.”

Lilli read the letter, then closed the box, put it under the counter. “You, my friend, are now the owner of the Banana Bar. I’ll stick around to help you run it. I’ll keep on paying the bills. But you need to keep your rowdy family out, you know they just want free beer.”

“ASmduf. ASndkf. ASkdnf.”

“That’s right. Them too.”

So from that day way back in time past, André has been the owner of the Banana Bar. The legal paperwork is registered with the city. The wooden box is still under the bar with the letter is still inside. That banana daiquiri recipe is still being used. The bundles of hundreds? Well, they’re somewhere in the bar. Lilli and André aren’t telling anyone that secret.

Oh, and by the way, no one ever did come back to get André.
© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269563-Andre-and-the-Banana-Bar