*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269624-interstellar-War-Almost-Breaks-Out
Rated: ASR · Fiction · War · #2269624
interstellar War Almost Breaks Out for Daily Flash
Interstellar War Almost Breaks Out on Alpha Centura

In the year 2300 humanity finally figured out the secrets of interstellar travel after finally being contacted by alien civilizations. The secret lies in opening stable wormholes that would allow people to travel instantly from one world to another across vast distances. They can send ships and communications through the wormholes, then relay the messages locally.

Sam Adams is a leader of the opposition party on the Alpha Centura colonies, New Eden colony. There are two colonies in the system that is the closest to the earth. When they arrived there they found an intelligent race of feline species living there. But the felines were primitive and the earth people quickly conquered them and set up colonial-style plantations growing food for the colony and the colonies in the system and colonies being established throughout the wormhole system.

The colonies have a problem, with too much salt as the water is salty, so they have to install expensive desalination plants to grow crops. Everything grows well except the peppers, which turn out to be mildly narcotic – and they soon ban production as it becomes a Hugh problem for the native workers. And black marketers emerge selling peppers.

Maria Lee is the CEO of the colony and is an advocate of peaceful co-existence and humane treatment of the locals known as Alphas. Sam Adams despite his Native American ancestry is an advocate of enslavement of the natives insisting that they must accept the fact that human civilization is more advance.

An interplanetary war almost breaks out when an inebriated Alpha assassinates Sam Adams at an underground club that featured interspecies prostitution and robot prostitutes, and Sam Adams is killed in an altercation after a local took offense at his actions in the bar.


© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269624-interstellar-War-Almost-Breaks-Out