*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269914-Its-a-Love-Story
by Keira
Rated: E · Fiction · Internet/Web · #2269914
Two strangers become less than strangers and finally meet.
It started with one text on some website. Which had led to another, and another, and another. They would both wait for each other's response every day of every hour. Staying up late nights with the most interesting or boring things to talk about, but the two people didn't care how lame or boring their conversation was. They liked talking to each other. "They" being a 16 year old girl with brown hair, eyes that glistened like honey, and beautiful sun kissed skin. The girl named Amilia Winchester lived in Springfield, Massachusetts. The other part of "They", a 19 year old boy with dark hair, hazel eyes and pale white skin who lives in Phoenix, Arizona. The boy's name is Leo Brown.

Even though they come from two completely different lives, they still find similarities with each other. Amilia comes from a home with strict christian parents that are on her back twenty four seven. Meanwhile, Leo comes from a household with parents who don't care what he does, let's him run free. Amilia has a bubbly personality and she's sensitive. Leo has a blunt personality and will not hesitate to call you out if you mess up or do something he doesn't like.

With the three hour time difference they have from Springfield and Phoenix , Leo would just be waking up while Amilia is already working away on her laptop at school and Amelia would be going to sleep before Leo would. It can be hard for them to talk as much as they would like to but they never fail to find time for each other. He would always send a message to Amilia after waking up. Something along the lines of good morning and asking if she had slept well the night before and or a thoughtful message wishing her a good day.

Leo isn't normally one of those guys to do anything sappy for another person but with Amelia, he'll be sappy all he wants. Amelia would go to him when she needed someone to talk to and he would always be there for her. They both started out as the best of friends. Slowly getting to know each other, trust each other.

Their friendship is something that a lot of people would kill for, but their relationship comes with hardships and dealings too. Multiple things prevent Leo and Amelia from meeting. Amelia's parents wouldn't allow her to go out or even date at such an age, her parents also being Christians wouldn't like for their pure, innocent daughter hanging out with an atheist "troublemaker".
Their age difference and distance also puts a spin on things. Being three years apart, people will either support you and the relationship or they will hate on you and your partner. Long distance can be a hassle and hard for both people in the relationship but Amelia and Leo would not change anything about their relationship. Sad but beautiful. Complicated but yet makes the most sense and puts each other at ease knowing they have the other.

They want nothing else but to meet and be in each other's arms. To feel at home and at peace. The young couple fantasize about meeting, wondering how they would feel seeing the others face after so long of talking and loving from two-thousand miles away. Tragic really. Living thirty-seven hours away and having a three hour time difference. Somehow they make it work, they hold onto the future for hope. Hope that one day they will meet and look into each other's eyes for the first time, kiss for the first time, love in person, hug for the first time. It would be the best day of their lives. Maybe they cannot meet right now at this point in time but in the future maybe, and they hold onto that.

One day, they'll both be old enough to do whatever they want, whatever they please and you know the first thing they will do is make sure they're together. Making sure they have the warmth of the other, hearing each other's heartbeat and just then this sad love story would be over with a happy ending. Amelia sees Leo, with a few bags in his hand and a suitcase beside him. Leo would stare at her, realizing just how beautiful Amelia really was. Noticing how his heart won't stop beating so fast. Amelia freezing right there in that very airport. They both run until they are in each other's arms. Amelia hears his heartbeat and she thinks it's the most beautiful song. She decides that his heartbeat is her new favorite melody and they both realize this is how it's going to be for a very long time. A sad love story with a happy, comforting ending.

© Copyright 2022 Keira (kknel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269914-Its-a-Love-Story