*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2270824-One-Fabulous-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2270824
Flash Fiction
One Fabulous Day

Mary stood in the doorway watching her granddaughter. The TV show that was on was one even Mary had seen before, so it probably wasn’t that exciting to Bella either, but it was raining. There was no park, no playing ball, no sandbox. Bella was likely as bored as she was.

Looking at the clock she realized they had six hours before Bella’s mom would be picking her up. As reluctant as she was to take Bella out in public, this was crazy. Before she could stop herself she said, “Let’s get out of here.”

Bella looked up, Mary could actually see Bella’s excitement suddenly sparkling. “Where are we going?” Bella said.

Well! She hadn’t thought about that, and now she didn’t want to disappoint Bella with something lame, so, she blurted out, “It’s a surprise!”

Bella jumped up, “I love surprises! Do I get any hints?”

Cursing herself for being too spontaneous, she quickly acted as if she were thinking. She was thinking! But couldn’t think of a where, so she was having a lot of trouble thinking of a hint.

Suddenly having an epiphany, she said, “See if you can guess!”

Bella glanced at the clock, “Well, it will be lunchtime soon... does it have anything to do with lunch?”

“It might!” Mary said, now searching her brain for someplace fun where they could go to lunch.

“Does it also have fish?” Bella asked.

Mary almost gave it all away with her sudden perplexed look. Fortunately, Bella took it as meaning she was getting close.

Bella jumped up! “I know! We’re gonna have lunch at the Aquarium!
Yippee!” and she ran for her coat. Mary had to run too, to find out where the aquarium even was!

Still, they did end up having one fabulous day!
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2270824-One-Fabulous-Day